The Student Room Group

tips on how to get A-A* in comp sci a level

as the title suggests, i'm aiming to get an A-A* in comp sci
my school has never gotten a grade higher than B so i'm a bit worried if i don't get an A
are there any tips for comp sci a level? thanks!
Reply 1
what did u get in mocks?
identify ur weak areas then revise them hard. get a broad range of knowledge if you dont have enough time to get proper depth, this will help you with the smaller (1-4 mark) questions, which make up the majority of paper 1. for paper 2, program the key algorithms (graph traversal and sorting algorithms) so that you understand them.
im sitting OCR comp sci in a few weeks too
I got an A in Computer Science last year with an A* in the coursework. Best advice would be just to do as many questions as possible. I did OCR too, and they pretty much just recycle questions year in, year out.
Reply 3
Original post by aran_cp
what did u get in mocks?
identify ur weak areas then revise them hard. get a broad range of knowledge if you dont have enough time to get proper depth, this will help you with the smaller (1-4 mark) questions, which make up the majority of paper 1. for paper 2, program the key algorithms (graph traversal and sorting algorithms) so that you understand them.
im sitting OCR comp sci in a few weeks too

sorry i should’ve specified i’m still in year 12 haha
my year 12 exams are a month from now tho but i do ocr too

best of luck for your exams!!! are u planning to study comp sci for uni?
Reply 4
Original post by nnnabil
I got an A in Computer Science last year with an A* in the coursework. Best advice would be just to do as many questions as possible. I did OCR too, and they pretty much just recycle questions year in, year out.

woaa that’s so impressive!!!

will do thanks! i found some questions on pmt so i’ll try make flashcards on them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending