The Student Room Group

A level subject overlap

Im in yr12 going into yr13, my A levels being Maths,Econ ,Comp sci and Business. I want to drop either Comp Sci or Business. Im looking to apply for Economics at universities with requirements AAA and above which i doubt i can achieve with comp sci as im averaging low Bs. However, i am aware of the Business and Economics overlap which is disliked and may ruin my chances.

What should i do? Keep the subjects im performing better at or drop business and probably get a B in comp sci? Maybe go for something like Economics & Finance at university instead of pure Econ as its less competitive? will universities with requirements A*AA - AAA reject me with Maths Economics and Business A level even if i get/exceed the requirements just because of my subject combination? I've been stressing over this for weeks now..
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Do what you think you'll perform best in - you're more likely to get into economics with maths, econ and business A*s and As than maths, econ and computer science but a low grade in computer science. Its not 100% sure that you will get into all your choices with the maths econ business combo but I think you have a very good shot at getting onto most courses tbh, with good grades you'll be fine, much better off than with a B or below in compsci. Only take compsci if you enjoy it more and think that you can pull your grade up comfortably when you have more time with just 3 subjects.

Original post by Jakzz05
Im in yr12 going into yr13, my A levels being Maths,Econ ,Comp sci and Business. I want to drop either Comp Sci or Business. Im looking to apply for Economics at universities with requirements AAA and above which i doubt i can achieve with comp sci as im averaging low Bs. However, i am aware of the Business and Economics overlap which is disliked and may ruin my chances.

What should i do? Keep the subjects im performing better at or drop business and probably get a B in comp sci? Maybe go for something like Economics & Finance at university instead of pure Econ as its less competitive? will universities with requirements A*AA - AAA reject me with Maths Economics and Business A level even if i get/exceed the requirements just because of my subject combination? I've been stressing over this for weeks now..

Quick Reply

Latest