The Student Room Group

essential gcse latin

i have my first language exam and was practicing translations from the book by john taylor (third edition). does anyone have answer/mark scheme i could refer to? i am self studying btw.
Original post by kittytyler
i have my first language exam and was practicing translations from the book by john taylor (third edition). does anyone have answer/mark scheme i could refer to? i am self studying btw.

I used to have the translations online but I can’t find them (rip) so I think it’s something only teachers can answer which is a pain if you’re self studying! You could try practicing some exam translations because those are easier to find the mark scheme for if it helps xx
Reply 2
ok thank you.

Original post by Artifexi
I used to have the translations online but I can’t find them (rip) so I think it’s something only teachers can answer which is a pain if you’re self studying! You could try practicing some exam translations because those are easier to find the mark scheme for if it helps
Hey, I made a thread with my answers to the exercises here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7208844

Hopefully its of use :smile:

I don't have it personally, but he says in one of his books to actually email him and ask for it
I met him once and he's really nice so I think he'd reply quickly
his email should be p easy to find cos he teaches at a secondary school atm
Reply 5
Original post by student_anon13
Hey, I made a thread with my answers to the exercises here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7208844

Hopefully its of use :smile:

thank you so much!
thank you so much!

TSR removed the thread for some reason. No idea why considering it doesn't violate copyright since they are my answers... but anyways, pm me and I can send them to you.
Reply 7
I have saved it onto a google doc, it's okay. thank you. do you happen to have the answers to the translation passages too? thank you so much!

TSR removed the thread for some reason. No idea why considering it doesn't violate copyright since they are my answers... but anyways, pm me and I can send them to you.
I have saved it onto a google doc, it's okay. thank you. do you happen to have the answers to the translation passages too? thank you so much!

I'm planning to do 7 today and 7 tomorrow and then leave one for the hour before the test and thus I'll be able to give you the first 14 by the end of tomorrow. I'm also going to do one practice test every day starting from the day after tomorrow and so will only be able to give you answers like the day before the test.
Reply 9
I'm planning to do 7 today and 7 tomorrow and then leave one for the hour before the test and thus I'll be able to give you the first 14 by the end of tomorrow. I'm also going to do one practice test every day starting from the day after tomorrow and so will only be able to give you answers like the day before the test.

wait omg is your test tuesday 17th too?
wait omg is your test tuesday 17th too?

I'm doing OCR so yes :smile: I think pretty much everyone does OCR. Unfortunately I've only done like 3/4 of the translation as I've had other commitments, sorry.
I'm doing OCR so yes :smile: I think pretty much everyone does OCR. Unfortunately I've only done like 3/4 of the translation as I've had other commitments, sorry.

hey do not worry at all. I now have access to the online login, so i have access to all the the translation answers

How did you find it? What are the grade boundaries like?

Quick Reply

Latest