The Student Room Group

Two languages and Triple Science?

The two languages I am choosing are French and Spanish. I’m currently at 88% in French (without revision) and 91% in Spanish, I’m not exactly sure about my science grades but I’m always over 60.

I really just want to ask, has anyone taken two languages along with Triple Science? I’m very worried about the revision and work load. If it helps, our language exam boards are both AQA - I’ve been taking french since Year 4 but only truly began to understand it in Year 7, and Spanish since Year 8 but I’ve really grasped into the language quickly. My French teacher says I’m a natural linguist.

Will the workload be too stressful along with my other essential subjects?
Hi @amxliaa

I think all GCSEs are challenging. One thing that does make things a little easier is if you have a genuine interest in the subject. It makes lessons and revision much more enjoyable and interesting. I personally think languages are great! There are so many resources out there that you can access to help you grasp the basics of a language.

It will be a challenge, particularly alongside triple science as they are very content-heavy subjects. But if you are motivated, organised, and spend your time efficiently then you can do it!

And if you get on well with your Spanish and French teachers then that also makes studying those subjects that much more enjoyable.

I wish you ALL the best!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @amxliaa

I think all GCSEs are challenging. One thing that does make things a little easier is if you have a genuine interest in the subject. It makes lessons and revision much more enjoyable and interesting. I personally think languages are great! There are so many resources out there that you can access to help you grasp the basics of a language.

It will be a challenge, particularly alongside triple science as they are very content-heavy subjects. But if you are motivated, organised, and spend your time efficiently then you can do it!

And if you get on well with your Spanish and French teachers then that also makes studying those subjects that much more enjoyable.

I wish you ALL the best!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

thank you!
Original post by amxliaa
The two languages I am choosing are French and Spanish. I’m currently at 88% in French (without revision) and 91% in Spanish, I’m not exactly sure about my science grades but I’m always over 60.

I really just want to ask, has anyone taken two languages along with Triple Science? I’m very worried about the revision and work load. If it helps, our language exam boards are both AQA - I’ve been taking french since Year 4 but only truly began to understand it in Year 7, and Spanish since Year 8 but I’ve really grasped into the language quickly. My French teacher says I’m a natural linguist.

Will the workload be too stressful along with my other essential subjects?
I have 2 friends who take 4 languages plus triple science: French, Spanish, Greek, and Latin.
I would say they're handling the workload pretty well as they could be considered top scorers in my school for GCSEs so far + both academic scholars.
I think you'd be fine! Many pupils take two languages with triple science, so there shouldn't be a worry in that you'd be alone in the horrifying concept.
I wish you all the best and please remember to do what you love and enjoy!
Goodluck!

Quick Reply

Latest