The Student Room Group

Should I attend the Interview ?

I got a final interview at one of the big 4 for an apprenticeship. However I have already gotten an offer from another top 10 company and I am almost 100% sure I want to go with that one as the location, and area of work is desirable for me.

I would do the other interview but it is 3 days before my A level exam. I believe doing the interview will take away some revision time that I do need. However, my parents are really pressuring me to do it anyways. I can understand their perspective but I really don't want to do it considering how close it is to my exams.

I am not sure how to convince them because if I do withdraw I know they will ask about it and get angry.
Reply 1
Yes, do the interview anyway. Best case scenario is you get the position and then you will be able to choose between two great offers. Worst case scenario is you don't get it, but you have the interview experience.

I always attend every interview because getting one in the first place is a big achievement. Especially a final round interview, those you don't really renege on. To get to the final round, it's not like at university where it's like if you'd be an academic fit for them. For work you will have had employees actively vouching and pushing for you to come to that stage, they want you as a an employee, they think you'd be a valuable asset.

Besides, I think that Big 4 provides better job security for you anyway, and would put you in a better position to lateral into different companies later on.
I’d do it. You should always attend all interviews for jobs because you might actually get one if you do! You can revise later to make up for it.
Once you have got a interview do it
Reply 4
Tell them you can't make the interview due to your exams and see if they will move it to after your A levels. The interview will be good practice even if you don't take any offer they make.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending