The Student Room Group

PGCE QTS Secondary Georgraphy

Hi, i’ve recently been offered an interview for a PGCE through a school in my local area for secondary school Geography.
The interview requires a 7-minute lesson to be given and also a written test on my subject/phase and written english.
just wondering if anyone has attended an interview similar to this and how in-depth the subject related questions are, currently very nervous and worried about what to be revising.
TIA
Original post by Indiamccabe
Hi, i’ve recently been offered an interview for a PGCE through a school in my local area for secondary school Geography.
The interview requires a 7-minute lesson to be given and also a written test on my subject/phase and written english.
just wondering if anyone has attended an interview similar to this and how in-depth the subject related questions are, currently very nervous and worried about what to be revising.
TIA

I would focus on the GCSE content - have a look on the school's website - it should say which board they use and potentially which topics they study.

The fact that you're revising is as good a sign as any - it's likely just to check that you're general literacy and numeracy basics are up to scratch as well as a few of the other basics around the topic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending