The Student Room Group

University response - nursing

Hello everyone, i still haven't received a response from BCU. It's been 3 weeks since my nursing interview. Everyone in my class who has had an interview after me has been accepted and im started to get worried if its on the reject piles. I have received a response everywhere else. But Birmingham City University is my first choice. Any advice?
Did they say during the interview when you should expect a decision?
For future reference (and for anyone reading this) if your interviewer doesn’t tell you this then you SHOULD ask this question during the interview.

Give BCU admissions a ring today - sometimes applications will get missed or fall out of the system (or UCAS bounce back a decision).
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Did they say during the interview when you should expect a decision?
For future reference (and for anyone reading this) if your interviewer doesn’t tell you this then you SHOULD ask this question during the interview.

Give BCU admissions a ring today - sometimes applications will get missed or fall out of the system (or UCAS bounce back a decision).

They did mention at the interview that i should hear back within 10 days. I called admissions yesterday, and the lady told me that it would take until may, and i shouldn't worry much cuse it does take long. I was also thinking what if it had to do with the questionnaire fees. I had to fill that in.. and i just received a response yesterday that i will be paying home fees. What if i couldn't receive a response for my interview because they had to know the status of my fees first..
Original post by Shima89
They did mention at the interview that i should hear back within 10 days. I called admissions yesterday, and the lady told me that it would take until may, and i shouldn't worry much cuse it does take long. I was also thinking what if it had to do with the questionnaire fees. I had to fill that in.. and i just received a response yesterday that i will be paying home fees. What if i couldn't receive a response for my interview because they had to know the status of my fees first..

It’s possible.

I would ring again and let them know your interviewer said it would be 10 days and that you just wanted to be sure there’s no problems because it’s been much longer.

The May date is a standard response - not what would normally be told to someone who attended an interview (unless you were told that they were putting your application on hold until all interviews have been completed but that should be notified to you formally by email).
Reply 4
Original post by PQ

It’s possible.

I would ring again and let them know your interviewer said it would be 10 days and that you just wanted to be sure there’s no problems because it’s been much longer.

The May date is a standard response - not what would normally be told to someone who attended an interview (unless you were told that they were putting your application on hold until all interviews have been completed but that should be notified to you formally by email).

I will do. Thank you
Reply 5
Original post by Shima89
Hello everyone, i still haven't received a response from BCU. It's been 3 weeks since my nursing interview. Everyone in my class who has had an interview after me has been accepted and im started to get worried if its on the reject piles. I have received a response everywhere else. But Birmingham City University is my first choice. Any advice?

have you been accepted yet?
Reply 6
Original post by katija1

have you been accepted yet?

Hii yes i have been accepted.
Reply 7
Original post by Shima89

Hii yes i have been accepted.

awh okay congrats x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending