The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A101 EMDP 2023 Entry Applicants and Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 21canUdosaink4me
idk if we will tbh :frown: last year apparently 500+ people applied for the EMDP of which only 250 were interviewed and 150 given offers which is a massive jump. Reading last years thread is also sooo depressing and scary because so many people got auto rejected from UCAS because kings didn’t reject them/ give them offers earlier so it kept they sense of hope alive even tho it was false 😭 After reading last years thread, I now see what kings students mean when they warn us “don’t apply to kings unless you are prepared for the admin to torture u” 😭😭

I guess the only thing we can do is just hope we make it past the interview stage at least, because I really don't want all of this to be for nothing and just get auto-rejected by UCAS. 😭

Honestly, I thought I'd be a bit more relieved considering King's take in 80 students for their EMDP, because Southampton only takes in 32 students for their foundation programme. But I guess we'll just have to see how it goes. I wonder when the second batch of interviews are, tbh 🤔
Reply 581
Original post by forevermedic
I guess the only thing we can do is just hope we make it past the interview stage at least, because I really don't want all of this to be for nothing and just get auto-rejected by UCAS. 😭

Honestly, I thought I'd be a bit more relieved considering King's take in 80 students for their EMDP, because Southampton only takes in 32 students for their foundation programme. But I guess we'll just have to see how it goes. I wonder when the second batch of interviews are, tbh 🤔

Did you get anything from other unis?
guys, did anyone's date change from 13/01/2023 to 14/01/2023? because mine has.

Yeah mine went from 23/12 to 12/01 to 13/01 to 14/01 😭
Original post by L C
Did you get anything from other unis?

I got an offer from QMUL for biomedical sciences, which i'm really happy about!

it's also my back-up option to do med; but other than that, I haven't heard much apart from "thank you for applying etc"

what about you?
Omg no wayy I got an offer from QMUL for pharm :smile: Still waiting on my Kings Mpharm and EMDP offer tho

omg, congratulations! are you coming to the offer holder day on feb 11th for qmul?
omg, congratulations! are you coming to the offer holder day on feb 11th for qmul?

I signed up for the virtual offer holders thingy but mine says Jan 21st not feb 11th? Maybe it's because you picked biomed and I picked pharm. Regardless, I hope u enjoy! :smile:
Reply 586
I got an offer from QMUL for biomedical sciences, which i'm really happy about!

it's also my back-up option to do med; but other than that, I haven't heard much apart from "thank you for applying etc"

what about you?

Congrats for the biomed! I got an offer for mpharm at aston and I got rejected for the med at aston. Nothing from all the other unis. Hopefully we get a med offer.
Ngl I might not go to it this year. Last time I went I saw quite a few hijabis smoking spliffs and behaving with roadman mannerisms which scared me 💀 I might attend their virtual one tho.

I’ve been to their campus lots of time because it’s close to my house, they have a cemetery in the middle of campus which is vibes ig.

Also I forgot to tell you congrats on the biomed offer in your last message, so CONGRATS!! 😁

I signed up for the virtual offer holders thingy but mine says Jan 21st not feb 11th? Maybe it's because you picked biomed and I picked pharm. Regardless, I hope u enjoy! :smile:

awh, thank you!! i've only been to qmul twice and it was for their future's programme, but i haven't been since. I mean, considering that I've got an offer from qmul I really hope it's not like how you describe it out to be 😭

oh I did get the virtual one too for jan 21st, but my friend thought it'd be better to check the university out and walk around campus properly and see how it is, but check your emails again just in case!

anyways, i hope you enjoy the virtual offer holders day too! :smile:
Original post by L C
Congrats for the biomed! I got an offer for mpharm at aston and I got rejected for the med at aston. Nothing from all the other unis. Hopefully we get a med offer.

thank youu and congratulations for the mpharm offer at aston!!

i hope so too! i'm relying on king's for the med offer, and fingers crossed, it goes well for all of us! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 589
Hii congrats for the Mpharm aston offer!! I also got rejected for med at Aston. Just for curiosity, did Aston send you any emails prior/ post rejection? I never received any emails from aston about my med application and only got rejected through ucas. I was wondering if it was the same for u? Thanks

Yh it was the same but if you click on the view reason. They say that you can email them if you’re interested in other courses for consideration. Thanks btw
my date has just changed to today (15/01)
Original post by gal_14axy

It really doesn’t mean anything btw x
Original post by gal_14axy

Same x
Patiently waiting for 6pm to hit every Monday, Thursday and Friday so I can refresh KingsApply bcs that’s when they Kings apparently love to send out med int offers 😂
Reply 594
Hopefully😭😭I pray they send some out tomorrow.
anyone got any updates ?
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/631243
Petition to lower grade boundaries for a levels :smile:
Original post by techwiz12345
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/631243
Petition to lower grade boundaries for a levels :smile:

I thought u did ur A levels last year?
I ✨️personally ✨️dont feel its necessary qs our education hasn't been disrupted by covid
I thought u did ur A levels last year?

Yes I’ve already done mine but someone sent a link on the official med chat so I thought I’d share here too just in case anyone wanted to sign x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending