The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A101 EMDP 2023 Entry Applicants and Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by user120384
have u got ur offer for emdp or are u still waiting?

im still waiting
W

what are ur stats, gcse, predicted a levels and ucat?

88888777777 AAB 2180 B3 my ucat is so bad but because I saw they took 2090 I applied
Original post by Kingstakemepls
88888777777 AAB 2180 B3 my ucat is so bad but because I saw they took 2090 I applied

Are you waiting for an interview? because your GCSEs are good! They'll defo help x
So with me my GCSEs aren't the best

I got 977666654

AAB from A-Level

I applied to EMDP in 2021 with ucat of 2340 and b2 but was rejected pre-interview

Planning on going for it 2nd time and resitting my UCAT this summer.

Would you say it is a good idea to reapply for EMDP this summer, hoping i do good in ucat

trying to get a ucat score of above 2700+ and b2 hopefully?
Original post by larissaberry
They put mighty emphasis on both UCAT and GCSEs. They don't look at A-Levels past the minimum entry reqs, as with most med schools. Before any interviews were handed out, I remember on this thread someone was saying how having "too high of a UCAT" would actually disadvantage you, but from what I've seen here, those with higher UCATs eg >2600 have mostly all gotten interviews so clearly even for EMDP they rank UCAT highly.
hi, isn't it true that u are very likely to get in after interview cuz its like every 2 applicants they interview they choose 1 based probs on personal attributes and personality and ps.

Cuz GCSEs, UCAT and all have nothing to do with up till interview.

Solely after interview, its just ur interview score that matters right??
Original post by akaaa
LOL, I just asked this. I think it was just meh.
heyy,

So with me my GCSEs aren't the best

I got 977666654

AAB from A-Level

I applied to EMDP in 2021 with ucat of 2340 and b2 but was rejected pre-interview

Planning on going for it 2nd time and resitting my UCAT this summer.

Would you say it is a good idea to reapply for EMDP this summer, hoping i do good in ucat

trying to get a ucat score of above 2700+ and b2 hopefully?

Original post by Chris lamber
You can Defo reapply if you get a good ucat, but remember I believe they also look at your GCSE, specifically the number of A* gcse. So if you have good gcses and a good ucat then you will be good.

Btw I got an int:
My stats:
5A*4A
2860 band 1
AAA achieved
have u done the interview?

or are u waiitng for ur interview at this moment in time?

also what were ur other stats? ucat and a levels

Original post by af_2000
yeah my gcses aren't th best either , probs a bit worse than urs which is why im getting so scared
but yeah achieved a levels are probably more advantaged tbf !
but i think they prioritise UCAT over gcses?

True but it's not equally weighted e.g. the PS isn't weighted the same as the UCAT :smile:
hi, isn't it true that u are very likely to get in after interview cuz its like every 2 applicants they interview they choose 1 based probs on personal attributes and personality and ps.

Cuz GCSEs, UCAT and all have nothing to do with up till interview.

Solely after interview, its just ur interview score that matters right??

Yes, they give out offers based on interview ranks.

I think it’s actually a 1 in 3 chance post interview?
but i think they prioritise UCAT over gcses?

Here’s what I found on another thread about how they weight each thing:

kings score GCSEs the follow
40% weighting,
7A*s = 40
6A*s = 30
5A*s = 20
4A*s = 10
<4A*s = 0

SJT - 5% weighting
Band 1 - 5%, Band 2 - 2.5% nothing for <band 2

UCAT score - 45% weighting
I’m assuming it’s done via deciles with 9th decile scoring 45/45 and each decile dropping 5 points.
Kings could very well have their own decile scoring system which could be higher than the UCAT deciles (hull York has a system like that from what I remember)

Contextual data - 10%
are u applying for this year entry for emdp and have u had ur interview?

40% weighting,
7A*s = 40
6A*s = 30
5A*s = 20
4A*s = 10
<4A*s = 0

SJT - 5% weighting

I’m assuming it’s done via deciles with 9th decile scoring 45/45 and each decile dropping 5 points.
Kings could very well have their own decile scoring system which could be higher than the UCAT deciles (hull York has a system like that from what I remember)

Contextual data - 10%
for me my gcse is 977666654 so would u recommend me applying and i am resitting ucat this yr.

would u say if my ucat score is really good like 2700+ then I could increase my chances of getting in.

40% weighting,
7A*s = 40
6A*s = 30
5A*s = 20
4A*s = 10
<4A*s = 0

SJT - 5% weighting

Contextual data - 10%
have u had ur interview yet?
Original post by Kingstakemepls
are u applying for this year entry for emdp and have u had ur interview?

Yeah literally just came out of it. Very pleasant.
Got a reply back from kings, they said interview scores can’t be released until all applicants have a decision on their application.

And there’s no set threshold on interview scores, offers are given out based on how one score compares to another, so most offers should come out when everyone’s been interviewed.

The kings admin is so much faster this yr so hopefully offers come out soon🤞
(edited 1 year ago)
Yeah I was just told “between now and May”! :smile: any time now, guys!!
PLSSS HELP I AM BIT STRESSED!!!!!

So guys it would be best to ask u those who have done interviews and waiting for final offers, would you advise and recommend me to reapply for next yr to this course based on my grades?

I got 977666654

AAB from A-Level

Planning on resitting UCAT this year.

So guys it would be best to ask u those who have done interviews and waiting for final offers, would you advise and recommend me to reapply for next yr to this course based on my grades?

I got 977666654

AAB from A-Level

Bruh you asked the same question like 5x pls Lowe it

I got 977666654

AAB from A-Level

Hey, I'm really not certain. If you got a UCAT of >2700 then perhaps but kings emphasises, as I said previously, a whole 40% on GCSEs. Not even admissions can give you your chances so it's really up to you to take the risk.

I got 977666654

AAB from A-Level

Tbh it’s hard to tell if you’ll get an offer to interview. There are people who have high ucats and are still waiting.

With EMDP, it’s holistic and random so you’ll just have to take a chance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending