The Student Room Group

HELP: CITY university london, ULAW Lon & BPP Lon

Hey guys!!

Please let me know which one should I go with for my LLM LPC. I plan on applying for my TC once I’m done!
Also a Q, why can’t i find city lpc llm alumni. Why do most people go to BPP or ULAW whereas city has a better ranking as a uni???
Help a sis out TIA x
80% of people go to BPP or UoL. You ask why. Most City Law firms have chosen BPP as it offers the additional elective modules etc that they want and has good lecturers and course notes UoL used to be the College of Law and for a time before BPP and some others was one of the few places you could do the previous course - it was owned by the Law Society and people went either to Chester, Guildford or London for that year. That is the history and part of the reason for the BPP/UoL popularity.

City is not a university most people go to for their first university degree - it is not on a par with say Oxbridge, Durham, LSE at all so although it might well be good for some things it will not be popular with those who recruit trainee lawyers for anyone with a first degree. Just for the LPC however if you have it and then apply for a TC it will not matter if you go with City (as long as you pass and do well) or BPP or UoL as these are just professional exams.

I would choose BPP but lots of people have different views (do also look at if firms where you might go have already moved to the SQE system however and may still want you do to SQE2 exams even if you have the LPC).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending