The Student Room Group

which sixth form do i go to??

so I am currently in year 11, and im aware that ive missed the cut off point for applying to many sixth forms/ collages, however i want a fresh start from my current school. I live in central herts and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for hertfordshire / north london based sixth forms to apply for.
i am interested in studying medicine at a good uni so will probably take biology, chemistry and either maths or physics, so want a school that produces good results in these subjects and has good leavers destinations.
please help!
Reply 1
Original post by user3009
so I am currently in year 11, and im aware that ive missed the cut off point for applying to many sixth forms/ collages, however i want a fresh start from my current school. I live in central herts and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for hertfordshire / north london based sixth forms to apply for.
i am interested in studying medicine at a good uni so will probably take biology, chemistry and either maths or physics, so want a school that produces good results in these subjects and has good leavers destinations.
please help!

Camden school for girls is a very good sixth form in north London.I recommend that you call and email them to see if you can still get a place
please help!

Slightly related but you’d probably be better off taking maths over physics if ur going into med. maths will be more beneficial to u later on in ur degree (med) than physics so I’d take that. Also, it’s easier to get a better grade in maths than in physics
Reply 3
Original post by dbsb3272ds
Camden school for girls is a very good sixth form in north London.I recommend that you call and email them to see if you can still get a place

is there one that is maybe closer to herts/ in herts or barnet/ finchley way as the commute would likely be too long
Reply 4
Original post by Muhammad Razak
Slightly related but you’d probably be better off taking maths over physics if ur going into med. maths will be more beneficial to u later on in ur degree (med) than physics so I’d take that. Also, it’s easier to get a better grade in maths than in physics

thanks you, the only reason id take physics is if i stayed at my current school since i really dont like the maths teachers
Reply 5
please help!

Rickmansworth? One of the Bucks Grammars?

Can you give a town you are near as that would make it easier to advise you?
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
Rickmansworth? One of the Bucks Grammars?

Can you give a town you are near as that would make it easier to advise you?

near welwyn hatfield
Reply 7
near welwyn hatfield

Alice Owen?

Do a search on the Ofsted website.

https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/search?q=&location=&lat=&lon=&radius=&level_1_types=1&level_2_types%5B%5D=2

Add your postcode

Quick Reply

Latest