Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question, do I HAVE to get 4 a's to stand a chance for computing next year, or do I just need to be predicted 3 A's ? Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Are you in AS year? If so no of course you don't HAVE to have 4 As at AS but also of course it helps :p:. Seeing as they don't get the AS results from a lot of schools (who don't certificate them) using them as a deciding factor is a bit iffy.

ReputationRep:
    it's hard to get an offer from imperial but being predicted 3 As with good AS results should get you an interview...

i didnt get 4 a's at AS but i think predicted should be mroe accurate if your teachers are honest

or so i hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trance addict)
    Just a quick question, do I HAVE to get 4 a's to stand a chance for computing next year, or do I just need to be predicted 3 A's ? Thanks
    Only the latter, it seems!

(Original post by TRStemporaryusername)
    Funny, I got AABC, B in maths and C in computing and I still am being invited for interview.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5&postcount=11

(Original post by Kalashnikov)
    I had ABBC at AS and I'm at Imperial now. Got in with AAA.
    My predicted grades were AAA when I applied...I think.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4&postcount=17

ReputationRep:
    If it helps, I had ABBB at AS level and got AABB for A2 (predicted AAAA, but hey, I should have worked harder). I got an offer with no real problems. This was for 06 entry though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trance addict)
    Depends on what your offer is.
    I got AAAB and I got a place for medicine (offer was AAAC). So as long as you meet the offer, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigdaveracer)
    it's hard to get an offer from imperial but being predicted 3 As with good AS results should get you an interview...

i didnt get 4 a's at AS but i think predicted should be mroe accurate if your teachers are honest

or so i hope
    I got AAAAB for AS and AAAB for A2 and I'm currently at Imperial, so to be honest as long as you have three good A grades, you should be fine, IMO anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it's best to get 4A grades in your AS but as long as you're predicted all A's in your A2s then its OK. Make sure you get an A in Maths though, because I think that's the most important subject in their eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, i thought it would have been 4 a's or "forget applying" but obviously it isn't

ReputationRep:
    Good luck Hope to see you this time in 2 years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marlyly)
    Depends on what your offer is.
    I got AAAB and I got a place for medicine (offer was AAAC). So as long as you meet the offer, you'll be fine.
    Wow! Are you paying home fees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.e.r.e.n.e)
    Wow! Are you paying home fees?
    What, as opposed to overseas student fees? I've lived in the UK all my life so yeah, I pay the normal home student fees. Still a lot though, but I'm not complaining

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.