The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1
Are you in AS year? If so no of course you don't HAVE to have 4 As at AS but also of course it helps :p:. Seeing as they don't get the AS results from a lot of schools (who don't certificate them) using them as a deciding factor is a bit iffy.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
it's hard to get an offer from imperial but being predicted 3 As with good AS results should get you an interview...

i didnt get 4 a's at AS but i think predicted should be mroe accurate if your teachers are honest

or so i hope :smile:
Reply 3
trance addict
Just a quick question, do I HAVE to get 4 a's to stand a chance for computing next year, or do I just need to be predicted 3 A's :s-smilie: ? Thanks

Only the latter, it seems!

TRStemporaryusername
Funny, I got AABC, B in maths and C in computing and I still am being invited for interview.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=15008065&postcount=11

Kalashnikov
I had ABBC at AS and I'm at Imperial now. Got in with AAA.
My predicted grades were AAA when I applied...I think.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=15079174&postcount=17
Reply 4
If it helps, I had ABBB at AS level and got AABB for A2 (predicted AAAA, but hey, I should have worked harder). I got an offer with no real problems. This was for 06 entry though.
Reply 5
trance addict
Just a quick question, do I HAVE to get 4 a's to stand a chance for computing next year, or do I just need to be predicted 3 A's :s-smilie: ? Thanks

Depends on what your offer is.
I got AAAB and I got a place for medicine (offer was AAAC). So as long as you meet the offer, you'll be fine.
Reply 6
bigdaveracer
it's hard to get an offer from imperial but being predicted 3 As with good AS results should get you an interview...

i didnt get 4 a's at AS but i think predicted should be mroe accurate if your teachers are honest

or so i hope :smile:

I got AAAAB for AS and AAAB for A2 and I'm currently at Imperial, so to be honest as long as you have three good A grades, you should be fine, IMO anyway.
Reply 7
Obviously it's best to get 4A grades in your AS but as long as you're predicted all A's in your A2s then its OK. Make sure you get an A in Maths though, because I think that's the most important subject in their eyes.
Thanks guys, i thought it would have been 4 a's or "forget applying" but obviously it isn't :smile:
Reply 9
Good luck :smile: Hope to see you this time in 2 years!
marlyly
Depends on what your offer is.
I got AAAB and I got a place for medicine (offer was AAAC). So as long as you meet the offer, you'll be fine.

Wow! Are you paying home fees?
Reply 11
s.e.r.e.n.e
Wow! Are you paying home fees?

What, as opposed to overseas student fees? I've lived in the UK all my life so yeah, I pay the normal home student fees. Still a lot though, but I'm not complaining :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending