The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Wessex Lane vs Glen Eyre - Uni of Southampton

I’m trying to decide between these two halls but I can’t find anywhere how many people in each flat. I saw somewhere online that 20+ people share a flat in Wessex Lane, is this true? How do that many people fit into a kitchen? How many people per flat for Glen Eyre?
There’s different types of accommodation on both sites with flats ranging from 6 to 20 people sharing space.

These are sites with multiple halls and room types (over 2000 rooms on each site). They aren’t single halls
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by lcmari12
I’m trying to decide between these two halls but I can’t find anywhere how many people in each flat. I saw somewhere online that 20+ people share a flat in Wessex Lane, is this true? How do that many people fit into a kitchen? How many people per flat for Glen Eyre?

Hi @Icmari12,

I am a second year student here at Southampton, and I stayed in Glen Eyre in my first year. I believe the number of students in a flat will differ depending on which part of Glen Eyre you are allocated. I was in Chancellor's Court (Selborne) in first year, and there were 6 of us in total, 3 boys and 3 girls. I found that this was a really lovely number and an even split gender-wise. Of course you can make special requests to have single-sex flats, alcohol-free and quiet flats, just make sure you specify this in the application process.

As I mentioned before, I believe the number of students in your flat may vary depending on the type of accommodation you go into. However, I would recommend getting in touch with the accommodation team as they will be able to answer any specific questions and provide you with the most up to date information. I will pop their contact details below.

Email: [email protected]
Phone Number: +44 (0)23 80 595959

I hope this helps! If you have anymore questions about Glen Eyre, or studying at Southampton more generally, please ask away!

Jasmine (an Official University of Southampton Rep):smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending