The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

southampton uni

I'm hopefully starting southampton uni in september and was just wondering if anyone who may have stayed in wessex lane accommodation found it?
also is it necessary for freshers to get tickets now before or just wait to the actual freshers week as quite a few people on my uni groupchats have already bought them
SUSU don’t usually release tickets until after results. I wouldn’t be surprised if the people constantly talking about freshers tickets are a) reps who get commission and b) not freshers and c) not studying at southampton and d) not studying anywhere. If you ask them what course they’ll be studying and where they’ll be living then the answer will change every time.

The promoters who run unofficial events selling tickets on fatsoma set up groupchats for every university to pressure sell.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by rose05
I'm hopefully starting southampton uni in september and was just wondering if anyone who may have stayed in wessex lane accommodation found it?
also is it necessary for freshers to get tickets now before or just wait to the actual freshers week as quite a few people on my uni groupchats have already bought them

Hi,

It is great to hear you want to study at Southampton, I am sure you will absolutely love it!

I didn't stay in Wessex Lane, I stayed in Glen Eyre, but Wessex is one of the larger halls of residence and therefore is very social! It is located near the airport and Wide Lane sports ground, so a short bus ride if you are on any of the sports teams that train there! Wessex is also only a bus ride away from campus, so it is no hassle in terms of getting around; the bus links are frequent and reliable. I know some people who stayed there in their first year and they really enjoyed it.

In terms of Freshers tickets, I would wait until you see the official advertising from the Students' Union as this means you can be sure that they are actual events run by the university, and not events that are put on by external clubs/companies. The events run by SUSU will be the ones that the majority of freshers at UoS will go to, but this doesn't mean that you can't check out the external events too!

I hope this has helped! If you have any other questions about the uni or Southampton more generally, I'd be happy to answer them.

Jasmine (an Official University of Southampton Rep):smile:
Reply 3
Original post by rose05

Current student here. I found that when people got to uni they made friends with ppl going to different events from the tickets they bought. I'd recommend just waiting til you get there. Don't buy a Freshers pass with multiple events and just go to individual events and you can pretty much get tickets on the night

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending