The Student Room Group

Linguistics - Undergrad course starting 2023

How do I go about choosing the top 5 universities for an undergrad degree in Linguistics?
What are other factors apart from coursework and university ranking that I must keep in mind while shortlisting?
If you are currently studying Linguistics, would it be ok to reach out to you?
(edited 1 year ago)
How to Avoid 5 Rejections - read it all - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections

Read the course descrptions for each course carefully - each one will be different.
Look on YouTube etc doe campus tour films - and tourst films for each city.

Make sure you have a range f rade requirements - ideally this is what your 5 UCAS choices should look like :
1 'risky' choice - just above your predicted grades.
2 or 3 - at your predicted grades
1 or 2 - below your predicted grades
Reply 2

Original post by B.E.N
I don't study linguistics, so I cannot help you out with that specifically, but I guess you should consider whether you're going to stay at home or if you're going to move out. How far away is too far? Do you want to go to a campus uni, or would you like to a busier city uni? Of course you must also look at entry requirement, if you're predicted is AAB, would it be realistic to apply to an A*AA course? If you have the grades to basically go anywhere, that's really great, look at what sort of linguistics course you would like to study, I believe (although not 100% sure) UCL offers a BA and a BSc, which one interests you more? I've heard that certain unis also offer linguistics and a language (e.g linguistics and spanish), you might be interested in that? There are probably other joint honour courses out there as well. Good luck

Thank you
Original post by yoginiu
How do I go about choosing the top 5 universities for an undergrad degree in Linguistics?
What are other factors apart from coursework and university ranking that I must keep in mind while shortlisting?
If you are currently studying Linguistics, would it be ok to reach out to you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending