The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham history module allocation for year 2

So I’m an incoming history second year, and I’m waiting on the department to assign me two modules - they said that these would be new modules that they’re running this year, and that they would eventually appear on banner. They’ve not appeared yet, and I’m now getting concerned because the deadline for enrolment is on Friday.
Is this true for other incoming second years, and is there anything I can do/has something gone wrong?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Pameytilla
So I’m an incoming history second year, and I’m waiting on the department to assign me two modules - they said that these would be new modules that they’re running this year, and that they would eventually appear on banner. They’ve not appeared yet, and I’m now getting concerned because the deadline for enrolment is on Friday.
Is this true for other incoming second years, and is there anything I can do/has something gone wrong?

Hiya

It's best to contact your department in the first instance and they can confirm if they're still planning to introduce these modules. There's a possibility that they didn't reach the required threshold of students to run these modules and ended up cancelling them. The law department made a similar statement about a new module called Financial Law but I can see it showing on the module list which means it will be running, so if yours isn't showing up then it could either be an admin issue or the cancellation of modules.

-Himieka (Official DU Rep)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

It's best to contact your department in the first instance and they can confirm if they're still planning to introduce these modules. There's a possibility that they didn't reach the required threshold of students to run these modules and ended up cancelling them. The law department made a similar statement about a new module called Financial Law but I can see it showing on the module list which means it will be running, so if yours isn't showing up then it could either be an admin issue or the cancellation of modules.

I have emailed them, but no response yet & the modules I applied for do appear on the online timetable so I’m guessing they are running?
Department admin tends to be slow, but its been a while since I’ve heard from them about it.
I have emailed them, but no response yet & the modules I applied for do appear on the online timetable so I’m guessing they are running?
Department admin tends to be slow, but its been a while since I’ve heard from them about it.

Hiya

They could be running but if they aren't appearing on banner then there's no way you can fill in your module choices. Module registration began on 6th I believe and I would assume they would have put the modules up on banner if they did intend to run them? I could find this phone number so perhaps call the reception and ask: 0191 334 1040.

I'd suggest you think of backup modules atp and stay in contact with the department via email just in case they realise this was an admin issue after the enrolment deadline.

Reply 4
Hiya

They could be running but if they aren't appearing on banner then there's no way you can fill in your module choices. Module registration began on 6th I believe and I would assume they would have put the modules up on banner if they did intend to run them? I could find this phone number so perhaps call the reception and ask: 0191 334 1040.

I'd suggest you think of backup modules atp and stay in contact with the department via email just in case they realise this was an admin issue after the enrolment deadline.

The modules do appear on banner, I’ve checked and I’ve seen them, but I have no clue what I’ve been assigned. I’ll send them another email.
The modules do appear on banner, I’ve checked and I’ve seen them, but I have no clue what I’ve been assigned. I’ll send them another email.

Oh you mean they haven't been approved yet? I don't think you have to worry then- as long as you've submitted them for approval, it should be good. But yeah, still keep emailing them and hopefully they'll respond :smile:

Reply 6
Oh you mean they haven't been approved yet? I don't think you have to worry then- as long as you've submitted them for approval, it should be good. But yeah, still keep emailing them and hopefully they'll respond :smile:

Yeah, one came through this morning. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest