The Student Room Group

what's the average number of friends on facebook?

Scroll to see replies

85 and I know evey single one of them
i have about 50 something. but i dont talk to all of them.
i dont understand how people can have like 300 friends :s-smilie:
I have about 300 that's because its all family, ex work colleges, friends from secondary, sixth form and university.
i think that's normal considering I'm 22 years old now, having had two gap years, travelling and stuff.

I know all the people on my facebook in my previous life / present. obviously i dont speak to all of them, but every now and again, i do.
I've got 654 muahaha
I have 873 friends and I do keep in contact with most of them on a regular basis. it does mean I spend more of my spare time on the internet communicating with them.

main purpose is old friends from school, uni frieds, work coleagues throughout the years and family. oh plus the few odd freaks from TSR that i've met with or know really well.
Reply 66
I've got 320ish although I'm very begrudging with who I add.
Reply 67
i Have about 300friends. Atleast 100 of them are unknown cos they are my mafia war family :smile:
Reply 68
I have precisely 196 friends. I know all of them and won't accept anyone that adds me that I don't know or was friends with my sisters and not me or whatever.

Around 30, perhaps, are old school 'friends' that I wasn't particularly close to. I know them and will talk to them if I see them in the street but they're mainly just on my fb for spying purposes on both sides really.

Around 100 are people that I see and talk to at least once a month I'd say. These are people either on my uni course/at my uni, best friends from my local area or just people that I see around in local town on a night out or whatever and I'd have a good conversation with.

A few are people that I don't see anymore at all for various reasons but do chat to online or via text or whatever a fair bit. These are mainly exes tbh who I'm on good terms with but wouldn't make an effort to see.

Then there's the few that I've met once or twice when working or attending my friend's house parties or on random nights out or just at uni. All these people I've had a good conversation with at one point or more I just don't see or speak to on a regular basis. If I did see them though I'd stop and have a good conversation with them :smile:.
Reply 69
I have about 170 friends, and know all of them, but I probably only talk to about 30 of them on an average basis
Got people I've been kinda friends with on facebook so I've got a hundred and something friends I think, a few people I never talk to, but after deleting one girl cos I never talk to her and she completely overreacted, I don't delete anyone anymore. It's not safe. :ninja: And then I've got family and stuff on there as well. Couple of people from school add me and I think "You go to my school but who the f*** are you?" :lol: One of those "80 mutual friends and I still don't know who you are." moments. A few of them are people who've left school that I know from my old drama shows so I should really delete some of them, seeing as I will never see or speak to them again but oh well.
(edited 12 years ago)
I have 747 and I don't add people unless I've met/spoken to them

I have family, family friends, primary school friends, secondary school friends (and from the other secondary schools in that town), sixth form friends, and the people I have just randomly met...
Reply 72
i have 384, all of which i've met before :smile:
545 for me :biggrin:
Purely as a matter of interest, and I ask this merely because I want to know the answer:

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS DOING ON THE CURRENT AFFAIRS BOARD? WHAT'S THIS GOT TO DO WITH CURRENT AFFAIRS?
Reply 75
51 friends. about 5 are family, about 4 are family friends, the rest are friends i see on a regular basis. theres about 10 that i haven't seen since school, and if theres people i haven't necessarily seen in a few years, i still talk to them a lot.

i used to have about 120 friends but had a clear out. it was a lot of people from school that i hated who added you for numbers.
I don't speak to half of them. It's just one of those things I guess.
--
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 78
I peaked at 330, but decided to delete everyone I didn't regularly speak to and am down to 220 now. I know people with pushing 1000 friends - but its the more "real-life" sociable people that have the more facebook friends in my experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending