The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St. John's University Clearing 2022

If anyone has any question regarding clearing and the process I am happy to help answer any questions.
I am a current Student at York St John University and worked the clearing phone lines last year.
Good luck with results and remember there are always options if you do not get your expected grades

Rebecca :smile:
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Hello all!

I hope you are enjoying your summer following the completion of your exams. Enjoy the well earned break.

I wanted to pop a post on with a bit of clearing advice:
> Stay calm and remember that many people access clearing and have a brilliant time at university.
> Research the universities that are available to you through clearing. This list is available to you through your UCAS Track. Check the modules, assessment types and the location of the university. Whilst clearing feels very urgent, it is important to make an informed decision as you will be at that university for at least three years.
> Have your certificates or letter of confirmation for both GCSE and A Level to hand. The university may need your grades and exam board to fill out a form for you.
> Ask any questions that you have over the phone. The clearing team will be more than happy to answer them and assure any worries that you have. As clearing can seem so last minute, it is important that you still find out what you need to know and clear any worries before moving forward.

If you have any further questions about clearing or YSJ in general, please feel free to ask! Or if you have any tips to leave, I would love to see them!

Lydia :smile:
Clearing tips and tricks from a current student

If you miss the UCAS deadline or don’t make your grades you can apply to universities through clearing.
If on results day you don’t quite get what you expected don’t panic, there are always options it has been a difficult few years within education and you have done well to just get through it.

General tips and tricks
Make a list of possible Universities and courses
Make a note of university contact details
Phone Universities on their clearing hotline
Have your details to hand
Keep your phone switched on a watch your emails.
Most importantly don’t panic. Universities want to help you they understand that it is a stressful time.
Once you receive an offer prepare to celebrate.
You have worked hard to get though the education system in a global pandemic, your hard work will pay off.

Good luck everyone

Rebecca 1st year Education, SEN, and Mental health Student 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending