The Student Room Group

2022 Clearing threads on TSR - Get help from unis here!

Here's a big list of where you can get Clearing help on TSR and speak to specific universities :woo: Clearing opens on the 5th July, and this thread will get bigger and bigger as more unis put out their 2022 courses available in Clearing.

Just click through to these threads and ask your questions there to get a response :h: These are being added over the course of the next few days, so if you can't find yours please do make one and tag @StrawberryDreams to get it added to the list.

Click +Show on the alphabetical order below to find the threads! Try the rep threads first, and if it's not there then scroll down to all the uni threads :biggrin:

Here is a list of useful resources about Clearing in 2022 you might find helpful :smile:

Be Prepared for Results Day - download our template to start researching your options

Clearing 2022 FAQ and ask questions here

A-level Results Day 2022 countdown

Guide to getting out of an unconditional offer and into Clearing

Your one stop shop for Clearing - guide to Clearing 2022

Why is Adjustment no longer around for 2022?

Highest ranked universities in Clearing 2022

List of all university Clearing hotline numbers and links to their TSR forum

I'll be adding more of these as I find them so if you see one I've missed or you've made your own please let me know :ahee:

Universities Rep Clearing help threads:

A to O

P to Z

General Clearing Advice Threads:

ABC

DEF

GHI

JKL

MNO

PQR

STU

VWXYZ

(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, I am in a more complex situation which I need to understand before tomorrow, so if anyone could help me I would be so grateful.

I already have an unconditional offer from a university which I have accepted, so that is now my firm choice and confirmed place. However I would like to try for another university through clearing. If I want to do this, do I have to cancel my unconditional offer first and then try through clearing or is there any other method without having to cancel my unconditional offer?

Thanks guys.
Original post by marajadex
Hi, I am in a more complex situation which I need to understand before tomorrow, so if anyone could help me I would be so grateful.

I already have an unconditional offer from a university which I have accepted, so that is now my firm choice and confirmed place. However I would like to try for another university through clearing. If I want to do this, do I have to cancel my unconditional offer first and then try through clearing or is there any other method without having to cancel my unconditional offer?

Thanks guys.

Hi there :smile:

So to apply to a university through Clearing, you'll need to decline your place at your current firm choice university.

When you do this it is a final decision, so you need to be sure that is what you want to do. Although you cannot be offered a place in Clearing by another university unless you are not currently holding an offer, you could make a speculative enquiry as to whether your grades would be suitable for the space they have advertised for your course to gauge if it could be right for you. They do have the right to say they can't talk to you unless you are in clearing, but you can always try.

However, to actually apply to them, you'll need to decline your place and call them straight away to see if they will accept you.

Good luck :biggrin:
I would rather go into clearing than accept my insurance (as there is no accom @ the insurance and I can't afford the private ones that are left). So tomorrow, if I miss my firm but get accepted by my insurance how to I decline this place? I've heard that I'll need to ring the university ask ask them to release me but I've also seen that I will be able to self release on the UCAS hub. Can anyone clarify this for me please? Just want to be prepared.
Original post by Starlow
I would rather go into clearing than accept my insurance (as there is no accom @ the insurance and I can't afford the private ones that are left). So tomorrow, if I miss my firm but get accepted by my insurance how to I decline this place? I've heard that I'll need to ring the university ask ask them to release me but I've also seen that I will be able to self release on the UCAS hub. Can anyone clarify this for me please? Just want to be prepared.

Hi :smile:

So you can decline your place on Ucas Hub if you get into your insurance choice - https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing/declining-your-firm-place#:~:text=If%20you%20no%20longer%20want,available%20until%207%20September%202022.

This is done by you through your Ucas hub. You'll have to go through a few confirmation stages to be sure you want to decline your place, but once it's done you will be released into Clearing.

I hope this helps!
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi :smile:

So you can decline your place on Ucas Hub if you get into your insurance choice - https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing/declining-your-firm-place#:~:text=If%20you%20no%20longer%20want,available%20until%207%20September%202022.

This is done by you through your Ucas hub. You'll have to go through a few confirmation stages to be sure you want to decline your place, but once it's done you will be released into Clearing.

I hope this helps!

Amazing, thank you!
Hi, I hope that someone can help me here.I have an offer to study at my chosen university for another course but I want to change to Pharmacy. I looked on their website and saw that it was in clearing so I contacted them and they told me that I would have to wait until results day. I looked again today and the course isn’t in clearing anymore. Any advice?
Original post by vasilisa.v
Hi, I hope that someone can help me here.I have an offer to study at my chosen university for another course but I want to change to Pharmacy. I looked on their website and saw that it was in clearing so I contacted them and they told me that I would have to wait until results day. I looked again today and the course isn’t in clearing anymore. Any advice?

seems like the course is now full, of course you can double-check tomorrow
Original post by claireestelle
seems like the course is now full, of course you can double-check tomorrow

Thank you. Can I ask how it was possible since the person I asked told me that there was nothing I could do until results day? For example, how the place was filled…
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you. Can I ask how it was possible since the person I asked told me that there was nothing I could do until results day? For example, how the place was filled…

They might have had more people meet their firm/ need to take up their insurance offer than they were expecting to
Hiya i got my place in pharmacy at uni of herts today through clearing ! did you manage to find a space? If you look on UCAS at courses in clearing it should come up as in clearing
hope this helped - Aimee

Original post by aimeekelly3
Hiya i got my place in pharmacy at uni of herts today through clearing ! did you manage to find a space? If you look on UCAS at courses in clearing it should come up as in clearing
hope this helped - Aimee

Hi. Congratulations! I did manage at get a confirmed place at my university, thank you for asking. Good luck in the future and I hope you enjoy your time at uni :smile:
Original post by aimeekelly3
hope this helped - Aimee

Heyy I also got a spot in Herts for pharmacy through clearing, congrats!!
Original post by mimiheartz488439
Heyy I also got a spot in Herts for pharmacy through clearing, congrats!!

Congrats @mimiheartz488439 have a great time :smile:

- Tineke
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Reply 14
Original post by marajadex

Thanks guys.
Don’t worry Brudda times will improve

Latest

Trending

Trending