The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Accommodation

I placed Bristol as my firm and got in but I haven’t received my accommodation offer yet.
When do we get sent those? Because next week is the deadline for accepting it.
Original post by Anonymous
I placed Bristol as my firm and got in but I haven’t received my accommodation offer yet.
When do we get sent those? Because next week is the deadline for accepting it.

Hiya- im pretty sure they send out our accommodation offers as an email on the 23rd of August, then you have about two days to confirm it in order to secure that. :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by ExtremeHOMO
Hiya- im pretty sure they send out our accommodation offers as an email on the 23rd of August, then you have about two days to confirm it in order to secure that. :smile:

Ohh okay thank you so much. I was worried for no reason 😅
Original post by ExtremeHOMO

This is confirmed here: https://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/apply/offers/

which currently says this:

Accommodation offers - 23 August

Undergraduate applicants who applied in our guaranteed round of applications will receive their offer on Tuesday 23 August.

You will need to accept the offer by 3pm on Thursday 25 August. Please ensure you have read and understood the information on this page in full before contacting us with any queries about your offer.

Non-guaranteed offers - will be made from 31 August. Please do not contact us before this date.

(emphasis in original)
Just to warn you that you are very unlikely to get your first, or even second and third choices. I got an unconditional offer last year that I accepted in December and got my 6th or 7th choice! So when they say it’s not first come first served, it really isn’t! I didn’t get the en-suite that I’d hoped for, but I had really great flat mates and at the end of the day it’s them that make the real difference! In some of the bigger flats there are 2 bathrooms. We had one for the guys and one for the girls. It worked really well, although I would invest in a pair of flip flops!! If I had to choose again I don’t think I’d put so much emphasis on bathrooms etc but more on location. I loved my halls and if given the same a second time round would be more than happy!
Just to warn you that you are very unlikely to get your first, or even second and third choices. I got an unconditional offer last year that I accepted in December and got my 6th or 7th choice! So when they say it’s not first come first served, it really isn’t! I didn’t get the en-suite that I’d hoped for, but I had really great flat mates and at the end of the day it’s them that make the real difference! In some of the bigger flats there are 2 bathrooms. We had one for the guys and one for the girls. It worked really well, although I would invest in a pair of flip flops!! If I had to choose again I don’t think I’d put so much emphasis on bathrooms etc but more on location. I loved my halls and if given the same a second time round would be more than happy!

I’ve heard some people not even get one of their 9 choices, I think that’s what worries me the most. I’ve also heard that finding a place to live for second year is also quite hard too, when would you say is the best time to start looking and then choosing your flatmates?

Would you mind saying what accommodation you were in?
I’ve heard some people not even get one of their 9 choices, I think that’s what worries me the most. I’ve also heard that finding a place to live for second year is also quite hard too, when would you say is the best time to start looking and then choosing your flatmates?

Would you mind saying what accommodation you were in?

I was in Favell Riverside which, although older than many halls had bigger rooms and was ideally located for evenings out, and only a 15 minute walk to lectures. To find anything decent for the second year, especially if you want to stay with all your year 1 flat mates you need to start looking around Christmas/ January time. Unfortunately most landlords want you to start the contract at the beginning of July when you’re not there for the three summer months 😣
Yeah make sure you know your Accommodation Portal log in details. Your choices are released to you on 23rd August and I believe they close on the 25th of August :smile:
Original post by botetohotomoto
Yeah make sure you know your Accommodation Portal log in details. Your choices are released to you on 23rd August and I believe they close on the 25th of August :smile:

As I posted above (#4), the deadline for accepting is 3pm on Thursday 25 August. So not much time!
Reply 9
Just wondering how people fared with allocation; was what you were offered on your list?

Daughter waiting for non-guaranteed allocation on 31st so just curious
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by bosalls
Just wondering how people fared with allocation; was what you were offered on your list?

I think I was quite lucky I was given my first choice accommodation on my list.
Original post by bosalls

Hi, I received my second option for my accommodation this year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending