The Student Room Group

Finished with my second year of nursing but failed my exam for the second time.

Hello, I am a second year adult nursing student. I have passed all my modules, expect one which I am waiting for my grade. I have failed my exam for the second time and I am devastated. I have spoken to the module lead, and she told me that unfortunately I am going to be withdrawn from the program.
I am unsure of what to do, I have sent an email to my pat (still waiting for her to reply).

I don’t want to be repeating the year since my goal is to finish next year and graduate.
I’ve been having personal issues too which led me having poor grades.
I was also planing to do nursing apprenticeship but that again is 2 years of the program. I rlly don’t know which path to take.

Could u advise me pls.
(edited 1 year ago)
Are they giving you the option of retaking the module you failed next year?
You could do that then you can work a bit next year as well, and then go into third year after that.
It's unfair they only give us one resub opportunity doing nursing, especially when it's such a demanding course.
You could also do the apprenticeship, then you can get paid and get the qualification so it sounds like a good option too.
Good luck for next year :smile:
I’ve not failed any modules. I’ve just failed my second attempt exam. the module lead hasn’t said anything about retaking the module etc… in her email she has stated that I’m most likely to get withdrawn from the program which I think it’s unfair, especially when given all the work load etc..
I just don’t know what to do. It’s been 3 years now since I’m doing nursing (foundation year to stage 1,2) I don’t want to do an extra 2 years if the uni doesn’t allow me to progress further.
Original post by DipaliDavda
Hello, I am a second year adult nursing student. I have passed all my modules, expect one which I am waiting for my grade. I have failed my exam for the second time and I am devastated. I have spoken to the module lead, and she told me that unfortunately I am going to be withdrawn from the program.
I am unsure of what to do, I have sent an email to my pat (still waiting for her to reply).

I don’t want to be repeating the year since my goal is to finish next year and graduate.
I was also planing to do nursing apprenticeship but that again is 2 years of the program. I rlly don’t know which path to take.

Could u advise me pls.

@Emily_B ( a registered adult nurse)

The best thing to do is get in touch with your university student union representative and discuss the matter with them and also discuss it with the university themselves.

With the university student union representative you can discuss if you can perhaps appeal the decision before making up your mind on what to do next.

A NHS registered midwife
(edited 1 year ago)

Could u advise me pls.

I’ve not failed any modules. I’ve just failed my second attempt exam. the module lead hasn’t said anything about retaking the module etc… in her email she has stated that I’m most likely to get withdrawn from the program which I think it’s unfair, especially when given all the work load etc..

Unfortunately, if your university's policy states that you have to pass every single essay/exam/other assignment to pass a module, then your grade for that module may be above 40% but can't be classed as a pass as you're yet to pass the exam.

I suggest that you speak to the student union and wait for your PAT to respond. Copy module leaders, course leader, the head of department in, too.
If you end up repeating the year, that's not actually the end of the world - you still finish, a year later than planned and earlier than if you go down the apprenticeship route, even if it's not ideal.
Reply 6
Original post by Tracey_W
@Emily_B ( a registered adult nurse)

The best thing to do is get in touch with your university student union representative and discuss the matter with them and also discuss it with the university themselves.

With the university student union representative you can discuss if you can perhaps appeal the decision before making up your mind on what to do next.

A NHS registered midwife

Hello Emily,

Many thanks for your advice.
Eveything got sorted and i am in my final year now. c:
Hello Emily,

oh I'm so happy! Love an old threat that comes to a happy ending
Original post by CatInTheCorner
oh I'm so happy! Love an old threat that comes to a happy ending

THREAD. THREAD NoT THREAT AHAHA
Reply 9
Hello Emily,

Thanks for letting us know about your outcome of your grade's etc.
You'll be glad you only have one more year to go until you are finally qualified as a nurse.
Just make sure you get everything signed off and give them no excuse for putting you off the course.

Look forward to becoming a qualified nurse okay
Hello Emily,

Hey, I’m in the same situation as you, can I get more info on what happened because the module lead has told me that I will be withdrawn and I’ve looked at the programme regulations and they’re not very clear.
Reply 11
Hello Emily,

Can you tell me what happen,we’re able to resist it in your third year cause im in similar situation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending