The Student Room Group

failed my 2nd year pharmacy exams

I failed all my second year pharmacy exams. I feel shattered I don’t know what to do next.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Quotings
I failed all my second year pharmacy exams. I feel shattered I don’t know what to do next.

Hi @Quotings

I'm so sorry to hear about this. At the moment, it may feel as though you will never get through this, however, you will.
You may want to take a break after hearing this news, a break may be good for your mental health. You could go for a walk or focus on hobbies or activities away from studying.

After recuperating you may want to think about how long you studied for and your method of revising. You may want to tweak your revision techniques so that you retain as much information as possible. Have you tried flashcards or memory recall techniques such as mind maps and mnemonics?
Have your lecturers provided any example exam questions? It can really help going through them and comparing your answers with the lecture notes.

Are your lecturers providing any feedback sessions? It may be beneficial to book a one-to-one meeting with them so you can gain tailored feedback! You could also attend any group feedback sessions too in order to gain a deeper understanding into the exam expectations.

I hope this has been of some help.
Good Luck!
Aaliya ~ 4th year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Quotings

Don't worry you can re- sit them if this is your first or second attempt.
If you failed "all" your exams this year, most likely you will have to repeat the year? But don't think that's all bad. As you have learnt a lot this year, relearning it next year will be easier and you can then spend more of your time on revision early on (instead of last minute cramming). Plus, if you feel you're up for it, you could get some (paid) work experience in a community pharmacy to get more out of your year.

I finished my MPharm this summer, but I failed an exam which caused me to be unable to attend my graduation with all my friends. I know how you must be feeling; I felt I had lost all my confidence, but just as I did - you will be able to retake the exams next time with your hindsight to help you :smile:
I think it's important to try and identify why exactly it is that you failed every single one of your exams. Illness? Mental health deterioration? Laziness? Last minute or no revision? Prioritising other activities such as gaming, partying and smoking weed? And then you can start to put steps in place so the same thing doesn't happen with your retakes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending