The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle partners 2023 ucat

is a ucat score of 2680 too low for partners :/
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Newcastle University!

All applicants are required to have taken the University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT) to apply to either our Medicine and Surgery and Dental Surgery programme.

The UCAT threshold may be lower for PARTNERS Programme applicants but information on what the threshold is, is not available to prospective students. This is because the UCAT threshold may be different in each admissions cycle as it is depends on the scores our applicants achieve in that current cycle.

UCAT threshold for previous years of Medicine and Surgery can be viewed here.

UCAT threshold for previous years of Dental Surgery can be viewed here.

I hope this information is helpful 😊

Hana
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
It mentions contextual offers based of certain circumstances what would these be, I’m attempting to get a dyselxia diagnosis but don’t have enough time before my UCAT on thrusday, I also have a surgery coming up a week after so couldn’t book my UCAT any later, is this taken into consideration?
Reply 3
It mentions contextual offers based of certain circumstances what would these be, I’m attempting to get a dyselxia diagnosis but don’t have enough time before my UCAT on thrusday, I also have a surgery coming up a week after so couldn’t book my UCAT any later, is this taken into consideration?
Unfortunately health circumstances (unless chronic and throughout the testing period) is not contextual. UCAT states that by doing the test that date you agree that your health is okay to sit the exam, it tells you to reschedule if you aren't well that day.
In terms of learning difficulties, Equal Rights law means that people with disabilities are treated the same as normal applicants for uni - so we won't be discriminated against nor do we get contextual offers
Contextual offers are given to people who live in certain post codes, refugees/asylum seekers, first in family to go to uni, etc
Original post by R.mini

Hi @R.mini

When 'Contextual offers' are referred too, it relates to the contextual data from your UCAS form that our Undergraduate Admissions Team considers, and may use to:

-make an offer up to two grades lower than the typical offer or
-when considering applicants who have not quite met the entry criteria stated in their offer at confirmation.

At Newcastle, these contextual criterion are:

Home postcode
You may be eligible for a contextual offer if the postcode that you have provided as your home address on your UCAS application form is defined as a neighbourhood where the proportion of students going into higher education is low (determined by POLAR4 data, specifically quintiles 1 and 2).

Care experienced students
You may be eligible for a contextual offer if you have experienced any time in care during your life. It's important that you declare this on your UCAS form so that this can be taken into account as part of the admissions process.

Free school meals
You may be eligible for a contextual offer if you are eligible for free school meals. It's important that you declare this on your UCAS form so that this can be taken into account as part of the admissions process.

Contextual information is used as part of a University-wide, holistic approach to fair admissions, however, does not guarantee that an offer will be made.

You can find out more about the contextual criteria and other widening participation schemes here

I hope this helps :smile:

Lydia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending