The Student Room Group

Imperial computer science admission help

I'm currently starting y13 and my predicteds are 4A*s in fmaths, maths, chem and computer science, and I want to apply to imperial computer science despite not having had any experience of programming (only started NEA and have used pseudocode so far), I definitely am interested within machine learning and ai , but I'm not sure on how to go about it in my ps? Also I've checked that there is an online pre admission test but I can't find any past papers or resources to help, I'm quite worried as I've heard that the questions are similar to the MAT, could anyone give tips on the online exam/interview/personal statements?
P.s could any recommend good websites to learn how to code for my nea !
Original post by NHA125
I'm currently starting y13 and my predicteds are 4A*s in fmaths, maths, chem and computer science, and I want to apply to imperial computer science despite not having had any experience of programming (only started NEA and have used pseudocode so far), I definitely am interested within machine learning and ai , but I'm not sure on how to go about it in my ps? Also I've checked that there is an online pre admission test but I can't find any past papers or resources to help, I'm quite worried as I've heard that the questions are similar to the MAT, could anyone give tips on the online exam/interview/personal statements?
P.s could any recommend good websites to learn how to code for my nea !

What language is it, Python? If yes and you'll be using the Pygame library, then I suggest you watch tutorials on youtube. They will be particularly helpful if your NEA focus will be on a game-like software. Youtube tutorials are the best way to learn Pygame.

Cant really help with the rest, I'm sorry.
Reply 2
Original post by tamilGuy.
What language is it, Python? If yes and you'll be using the Pygame library, then I suggest you watch tutorials on youtube. They will be particularly helpful if your NEA focus will be on a game-like software. Youtube tutorials are the best way to learn Pygame.

Cant really help with the rest, I'm sorry.

No worries, thanks for the help!
Reply 3
Did you apply to Imperial in the end? I applied to Imperial on 27/09 and received my offer on 18/12. Hope to see you there (if you got in).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending