The Student Room Group

leicester medical school

is my ucat high enough for leicester medical sch i got 2640? my gcses are all 9s?
Reply 1
Probably not unfortunately
You would have needed 2650 (16.5 points) and maximal GCSE score (32 points) last year 2021/22 total (58.5 points)
It might be even higher this year
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Yeah but how can that be the case when 2370 was the cut off to get an interview for 2022 entry?
Reply 3
Original post by Noiros
Yeah but how can that be the case when 2370 was the cut off to get an interview for 2022 entry?

That will have been contextual applicants / local access pathways etc.
Reply 4
Original post by Medpapa
That will have been contextual applicants / local access pathways etc.

What does that mean exactly? Like those who do access to higher education diploma?
Original post by Noiros
What does that mean exactly? Like those who do access to higher education diploma?

People who meet specific widening participation criteria, e.g. eligibility for school meals, living in certain POLAR rank postcodes, being care experienced, going to a (probably under-performing) local school which the medical school has specifically partnered with, etc.
Reply 6
Can you still get an interview you think if you have 55 or 56/64 ?
Reply 7
Original post by Noiros
Can you still get an interview you think if you have 55 or 56/64 ?

Well all we can say is that you wouldn't have done last year or the year before
Reply 8
Right- I’m on 55.5 at the moment (8 A* GCSE grades + 2380 UCAT) so is it worth applying do you think?
Reply 9
Original post by Noiros
Right- I’m on 55.5 at the moment (8 A* GCSE grades + 2380 UCAT) so is it worth applying do you think?

Do you think cut offs are going to drop by 3 points in a year of unprecedented GCSE grade inflation?
Reply 10
Original post by Noiros

Did you end up applying and getting an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending