The Student Room Group

Met police recruitment

I have applied for a DDO role and am at a stage where references have been sent out. How long until I hear something back from them?
Original post by Wilz15
I have applied for a DDO role and am at a stage where references have been sent out. How long until I hear something back from them?

As soon as they receive all of your clearance.
Have you informed your referees that references have been sent out to them?
Reply 2
Thank you very much for ur reply. Character reference done. I’m not sure about my employer. do I just contact hr from my ex work place to chase them up n see if they have received any reference form for me? Been over 2 weeks now. My vetting took forever n now this.

Original post by MonsoonFlower
As soon as they receive all of your clearance.
Have you informed your referees that references have been sent out to them?
Original post by Wilz15
Thank you very much for ur reply. Character reference done. I’m not sure about my employer. do I just contact hr from my ex work place to chase them up n see if they have received any reference form for me? Been over 2 weeks now. My vetting took forever n now this.

Yes, I would chase them to see if they have completed the paperwork on their side.
I work in Police recruitment so I know what the process is like and it can take up to 3 months for all checks to be completed - the majority of my colleagues had the same timeframe.
Please bear in mind that vetting can differ for each candidate, depending on their individual backgrounds and circumstances.
Reply 4
Thanks for your reply. On my portal it says “VETTING Passed” so I’m guessing it’s just the references they are waiting on. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Yes, I would chase them to see if they have completed the paperwork on their side.
I work in Police recruitment so I know what the process is like and it can take up to 3 months for all checks to be completed - the majority of my colleagues had the same timeframe.
Please bear in mind that vetting can differ for each candidate, depending on their individual backgrounds and circumstances.
Original post by Wilz15
Thanks for your reply. On my portal it says “VETTING Passed” so I’m guessing it’s just the references they are waiting on. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

If it's just the references, then you will be fine, but have you done your medical too?
Reply 6
Yup. Medical was done in March. Vetting took most of the time. Portal shows
Medical-PASSED
Vetting-PASSED
Applied for the job in December
Got interviewed in February
Fitness and medical was done in March.
Passed vetting in August.
Hoping for some good news atleast By the end of this year.
If it's just the references, then you will be fine, but have you done your medical too?
Reply 7
Finally received an email saying they are awaiting the business to confirm my start date along with my posting location.
Was wondering if start dates are for 2022? I am very excited 😍
Original post by Wilz15
Finally received an email saying they are awaiting the business to confirm my start date along with my posting location.

Every force has different intake dates.
Have you received your start date yet? I have also passed my medical and vetting as per the online portal but haven’t heard anything from the recruitment team.
Have you received your start date yet?? I have also done my medical and passed my vetting as per my portal but haven’t heard anything yet..
Reply 11
Just received an email start of October saying that they are awaiting for my start date which is most likely to be Jan, Feb or March 2023.
Hopefully soon

Original post by Junoon21
Have you received your start date yet?? I have also done my medical and passed my vetting as per my portal but haven’t heard anything yet..
Reply 12
Original post by Wilz15

Hi how long did you had to wait to get your start date? My vetting and references were completed two months ago and still have not received a start date

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending