The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

The Leicester University chat thread

Hey guys!
We don't have one of these so I thought it would be a cool idea.
Chat about anything you like, I thought it would be similar to the thread we had going during the summer exams.
This thread is for people who already go to Leicester, anyone with questions who is a prospective student can make their own thread and will get answered there.
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yay! Leicester is the best uni ever! Except all the work :frown:
-wanders off to write essay-
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
hello :smile: just deciding whether to go for a run round oadby. Though, I have so much work to do- and yet Im sitting here bored, whats with that?

:frown: also, my friend wants me to go on a random train journey with her to birmingham and back?! i think not...lol
Reply 3
aww Birmingham isn't far! what would you be doing if you went?
Oadby is so nice. I'm thinking about going back there to live when I come back in Sept.
museobsessed
aww Birmingham isn't far! what would you be doing if you went?
Oadby is so nice. I'm thinking about going back there to live when I come back in Sept.

Just popping into the bullring for a couple of hours and coming back :biggrin: It is nice, though a lot of bussing it to get places. Though thats not a massive problem :smile:
Reply 5
bullring is mental, particularly on a Saturday! I decided to do my christmas shopping last christmas in Leicester rather than Birmingham (where I live) because of the horredous queues. Its not just brummies who shop in Birmingham, at christmas you get people from all over the west midlands going there. I hated it. Leicester has all the same chains as Brum anyway
Reply 6
saxty
I have an offer from Leicester and Loughborough. I like Surrey and Leicester equally though, even though Leicester is technically a better uni academically. Can't decide =(

Please read the first post!
I will answer you though, just this once. Leicester is alot better, come to an open day
Reply 7
I still haven't gotten anywhere with this essay! Eurgh need to do it! So not cool :frown: And Oadby is definatly amazing :biggrin: I love it here!
Reply 8
Hey, how respected is Leicester University ? I got a scholarship offer from them.
Reply 9
argh we're just gunna get tons of people asking about Leicester here arn't we. urgh. oh well
Reply 10
Might do.
You catered muse? Or living out already?
It's tough getting work done just before 5:30. Maybe I'm just really bad at time management though xD ~ Not good... it's already 7 weeks in!
Tombola
Might do.
You catered muse? Or living out already?
It's tough getting work done just before 5:30. Maybe I'm just really bad at time management though xD ~ Not good... it's already 7 weeks in!

first year digby, second year lived out, this year in Italy (flat) and my least year i'm still deciding about, hence the discussion of halls :biggrin:
ha ha i'm still really bad at time management. Last year I got late penalties for two bits of coursework :s-smilie: its really really bad. I'm gunna have to work really hard on it when I go back
Reply 12
oh cool, what course are you doing and where in Italy have you gone for your year abroad??
I do archaeology, and Bologna (see my location)
Reply 14
oh cool!!
what about you?
Reply 16
Ooooh.... A long timer! This the erasmus scheme? Originally I wanted to do that but it seems that you need to be pretty dedicated with the amount of people applying. How's living out in the big wide world? Any major differences between living there and well.. Halls ^^'

Did you live with friends during the 2nd year?
(I've been thinking about this for a while now - I'm a frewbie :p:)
Tombola
Ooooh.... A long timer! This the erasmus scheme? Originally I wanted to do that but it seems that you need to be pretty dedicated with the amount of people applying. How's living out in the big wide world? Any major differences between living there and well.. Halls ^^'

Did you live with friends during the 2nd year?
(I've been thinking about this for a while now - I'm a frewbie :p:)

lol if by longtimer you mean third year then yes :p:
yes its erasmus, and it wasn't at all competative in my department. Hardly anyone wanted to do it.
I had a really **** house, and I lived with friends. Don't worry about houses thou, as long as you don't go with Jalaram estate agents you'll be ok. It was better than halls as we had a communal space to chill out in. It was also nice to get better food
Reply 18
im doing BA French and Italian so have a year abroad as part of my course and I can't wait!!
bump

Quick Reply

Latest