The Student Room Group

statistics a-level

Hi, I just found out that our school does statistics as an a-level, I was wondering if I should pick it? Has anyone done it / any opinions and thoughts on it? Since it's really uncommon as an a-level does that mean unis won't like it?
Reply 1
I reckon it’s a good choice. Having maths credibility in a field which is both esoteric and in demand. The statisticians became Sunday morning politics show celebrities during the pandemic. Get some advice from your teachers too
Original post by Zarek
I reckon it’s a good choice. Having maths credibility in a field which is both esoteric and in demand. The statisticians became Sunday morning politics show celebrities during the pandemic. Get some advice from your teachers too

Okay, thank you!
Original post by oceanblue99
Hi, I just found out that our school does statistics as an a-level, I was wondering if I should pick it? Has anyone done it / any opinions and thoughts on it? Since it's really uncommon as an a-level does that mean unis won't like it?

Heya!
It depends on whether you like statistics or not and what you want to do in the future. A lot of people I met hate stats (I hated it at first but then learned to like it). Statistics are extremely useful if you want to go into the science field in the future ( a lot of science courses go over statistics in 1st or 2nd year). It's also generally useful in life as well :h: In the end, it's up to you! Talk to your teachers and see what the subject covers.

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 4
Hi Milena,

How did you go about revising Statistics online, & changing your mindset?

Thanks
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
It depends on whether you like statistics or not and what you want to do in the future. A lot of people I met hate stats (I hated it at first but then learned to like it). Statistics are extremely useful if you want to go into the science field in the future ( a lot of science courses go over statistics in 1st or 2nd year). It's also generally useful in life as well :h: In the end, it's up to you! Talk to your teachers and see what the subject covers.

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest