The Student Room Group

Degree apprenticeship or university

I have an offer for degree apprenticeship at airbus and or a masters with a placement for aero at southampton.

i need your input on the matter.

the location is in Filton, and will most likely need to have a job alongside the apprenticeship.

advice would be appreciated.
Gian
Original post by Sadman123
I have an offer for degree apprenticeship at airbus and or a masters with a placement for aero at southampton.

the location is in Filton, and will most likely need to have a job alongside the apprenticeship.

Gian

Hi Gian, that is such a great position to be in! Two amazing opportunities, each comes with risk and reward. it depends what else you would be looking for from higher education i.e. the wider student experience? or is HE a vehicle to a career only?
Reply 2
Original post by Paulwyn
Hi Gian, that is such a great position to be in! Two amazing opportunities, each comes with risk and reward. it depends what else you would be looking for from higher education i.e. the wider student experience? or is HE a vehicle to a career only?

Sorry for the late response. No particular reason for me to go to university, I mean experienced is valued greater than your degree right?
Original post by Sadman123

Gian

In this instance, the degree apprenticeship may be taking you to where you'd ideally end up with the degree, so the degree apprenticeship seems the better option - especially as you are not guaranteed a job with the degree route.

Why would you have to work alongside the degree apprenticeship?
Reply 4
Original post by Smack
In this instance, the degree apprenticeship may be taking you to where you'd ideally end up with the degree, so the degree apprenticeship seems the better option - especially as you are not guaranteed a job with the degree route.

Why would you have to work alongside the degree apprenticeship?

I dont need to, that was just a gross assumption from me.

your point is valid. Imma take the DA

Quick Reply

Latest