The Student Room Group

Vet Student Blogs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
anatomy? yes.
english? never.

its a step up from the whatzit attatched to the thingamy bob, with the thingy.....
i dont mind neuroanatomy tbh.
lols i just went to an ann summers party where almost everyone there was on a drinking ban cause there in the rowing club and they take it serious. so yeah. whole bottle of wine for me. quite suprised i can write this tbh. twas fun though.

plan for tomorrow, sleep, sleep sleep. genetics work, forelimb work. vet winter ball.
Yesterday got to see a lion and tiger dissection in our pathology building... was amaaazing! :biggrin:
Channel 4 were there filming for a programme they'll be showing soon... not sure what they're going to make it into though!
Tomorrow they're doing a crocodile, and in a few weeks: a giraffe and an elephant!!! :p: (they have a special crane to lift them from the lorry to the tables)
other than that, need to revise, as Alimentary system exam next Friday... so alot of colic, diarrhoea and vomiting for me in the next few days :frown:
Ahhh I saw a tiger dissection, one died while I was on work exp at Whipsnade and I got to see the post mortem!!

Was it from London or Whipsnade??
apparently from different zoos around here, they weren't very specific.. the tiger had some sort of respiratory disease I think!
Reply 205
Tigers shouldn't die :no:
Awww, the tiger I saw was quite elderly, even for a captive tiger, he was quite frail and dodery poor thing and there was a bit of a scuffle between him and a younger tiger. The older one just didnt have the energy to fight back and unfortunately took a bite to the trachea so he suffocated. COD was obvious so the PM was just to check if there was any underlying illness causing the lack of energy. There was some erosion of some tissues but they ultimately put it down to his age.
awww :frown: I think tigers are possibly the most fantastic animals on this planet (any big cat is! - lol) Did anyone see the man eating tigers programme on bbc 2 the other night ? Friday night I think- it was great! Very sad that humans and animals are coming into so much conflict, but at least the programmme tried to look at it from the tigers perspective rather than just naming them thoughtless killers. :smile:
Reply 208
today had lecture, then SDLA, then lunch then

SNOWBALL FIGHT between 1st and 3rd years

then we built a snow man, woman, called gwendaline,

see facebook for details :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 209
hehe today was sooo much fun
annoying that we didnt know our afternoon lecture was cancelled until we'd been waiting for like 30mins... otherwise we could have played in the snow again!

I was absolutely soaked, but it was brilliant!
Got home and pretty much immediately had a huge snowball fight with my new flatmate and 2 of his friends... all guys and much bigger, faster, stronger, older etc. than me. Im getting better at dodging them, still crap at throwing.
Hope the snow stays as i have tomorrow off so want to go sledging. If not well then i guess its into town to have a wee nosey at dresses for the vet ball.
Heidi and I on the 29th march 2009 will be running the liverpool marathon. A half marathon consists of running 13 miles or 21km. However it is put its a very long way for 2 students who are not long distance runners to run.
Thankfully we arnt complete strangers to excercise. Heidi rows and I compete in athletics. But pulling your way though water with a long stick or throwing yourself over bars with a long bendy stick are in no way the same as running a half marathon.

We need your help. Dont worry you dont have to run anywhere. You dont even have to leave the seat your currently sitting in. All you need to do is follow the links below to our 2 sites and sponsor us online. Its quick and easy. We are running for 2 of this years LUVS charities (liverpool uni veterinary society). They are canine partners and claire house hospice. Both very worthy casues.
I know alot of you are students but we arnt asking you to start donating large sums of money. If all of you sponsored us a small amount the small amounts would soon add up to much larger figures.
If your not a student and are in employment then you have no excuses, you can spare a few quid.

Donate now at:
http://www.justgiving.com/jennyandheidihalfmarathon
http://www.justgiving.com/heidiandjennyaregonnarun13miles

please try and split your donation between the 2 charites.

Thank you very much!
Jenny and Heidi
xx
would be thankful if you could donate thankyou very much :biggrin:
sorry, dont have a credit card or anything

but good luck!
Reply 213
Aww, Jenny, all I have on me is 1 Euro :p: Which with the current exchange rate is about a pound ! Good times for changing euros to pounds.
anna: you dont have a bank card!!! so you dont do online shoppin?
Dissey: donate once you have some money lol
J_E_N_N_Y
anna: you dont have a bank card!!! so you dont do online shoppin?
Dissey: donate once you have some money lol

only when my parents are paying :biggrin:
aww in that case ask em if they wish to sponsor someone they dont know run 13 miles lol!
its vet review time! 2nd years write a panto type thing and 1st years preform it.
we are doing goldielocks and the three bears, but its umm slightly screwed up lol
dunno what part im playing yet though. we saw the script today though...and it has some interesting stuff in it..if thats what you would call it. crude, very crude.
i swear im the only one who posts on this topic now!

i have a lambing placement! YAY!!!! rang 5 more places today and the 5th one said yes!!! and she sounded so nice! its in wales. powys or something. Im doing the placement with another girl in my year as well. cant wait!
Reply 219
nice work... I too have lambing sorted out with the ever lovely Bex. Said yes to 4 weeks, what was i thinking? Still thats 4 weeks ems out of the way and means i can go skiing next year at easter

Lets see last week, seemed to have quite an empty week, On thursday we found out our suturing practical and lecture was cancelled YAY. This lead to the vets suddenly being out in full force. Good night... dragged self out of bed for 9am CNS, found out that lecturer had cancelled afternoon lecture which was amazing, but meant that i'd dragged myself there for 45 measly minutes grrr

So headed back to bed to sleep everything off, went out again last night and now feeling rather sorry for myself but have just agreed to go down to the pub this afternoon to watch the rugby

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending