The Student Room Group

tv wall mount in accommodation

so i’m planning to bring my 55’ tv with me to uni as i’m getting a studio flat most likely. what would happen if i were to mount my tv to the wall with a wall mount that doesn’t require drilling? i think its just using nails. i know i’m probably not allowed to hammer nails into accommodation walls but if i were to cover the holes up at the end of the year could i get away with it? i’m a big gamer so my tv matters a lot bc i have my ps5 connected to it
Original post by pharbism
so i’m planning to bring my 55’ tv with me to uni as i’m getting a studio flat most likely. what would happen if i were to mount my tv to the wall with a wall mount that doesn’t require drilling? i think its just using nails. i know i’m probably not allowed to hammer nails into accommodation walls but if i were to cover the holes up at the end of the year could i get away with it? i’m a big gamer so my tv matters a lot bc i have my ps5 connected to it

Hi there,
Anything that results in any kind of damage to the walls (whether this is a hole or marks) is very likely to result in a deduction from your deposit at the end of your tenancy. I would suggest looking into alternative options (would a floor or table stand be possible).If in doubt, I'd always recommend checking with your accommodation provider.

-Nicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending