The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Issue with CAS

I have received my CAS recently from Coventry University and there seems to be an issue with the total fees paid. They have added my tuition fees and accommodation fees together as tuition fees and the accommodation fees section is empty. Also it is showing that I have not applied for university accommodation, when clearly the university have conformed my room on 19 July. The time frame for applying my visa is really tight and want to know if it is okay to proceed to apply my visa with this error in my CAS.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Ebel
I have received my CAS recently from Coventry University and there seems to be an issue with the total fees paid. They have added my tuition fees and accommodation fees together as tuition fees and the accommodation fees section is empty. Also it is showing that I have not applied for university accommodation, when clearly the university have conformed my room on 19 July. The time frame for applying my visa is really tight and want to know if it is okay to proceed to apply my visa with this error in my CAS.

I would proceed, yes.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
I would proceed, yes.

Are you sure? I would really hate for the visa to get rejected at this stage and having to go through another set of procedures to get this rectified.
Original post by Ebel
Are you sure? I would really hate for the visa to get rejected at this stage and having to go through another set of procedures to get this rectified.
No I'm not sure, I know very little about CAS. But this late in the day I would submit something imperfect rather than wait for Coventry to get it right.
Original post by Ebel

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. It might be a good idea to contact the CAS team at Coventry University using the number +44 (0)24 7765 2222. They might be able to help you.

I do hope this helps,

Eleanor F
Student Ambassador
Reply 5
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. It might be a good idea to contact the CAS team at Coventry University using the number +44 (0)24 7765 2222. They might be able to help you.

I do hope this helps,

Eleanor F
Student Ambassador

I'm unable to call them as I do not have an international calling plan. Almost 10 days has gone by since I approached them with this issue. I need to submit the visa by 4th September to enrol for this course
Original post by Ebel
I'm unable to call them as I do not have an international calling plan. Almost 10 days has gone by since I approached them with this issue. I need to submit the visa by 4th September to enrol for this course

Can you use somebody else's phone or buy a bundle which allows you to make that call?
Original post by Ebel

Hi Ebel,

Reporting the error to the International Admissions Team is 100% the right thing to do, as you have done. Please try using the messaging function on CAS Shield for a faster response. Or alternatively, try using the live chat function on the Coventry University website (https://www.coventry.ac.uk/livechat/). You may have to wait for some time on the live chat to be able to speak to a member of the team. The live chat will next be active on Tuesday which is the next working day due to Monday being a bank holiday in the UK.

I wish you all the best and hopefully the error on your CAS will be sorted very soon.

Kind regards,
Juzer
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest