The Student Room Group

AQA A - level Computer Science Skeleton Code 2023 - Dastan

Hi there,

I've been working on making enhancements, changes and fixing the Skeleton code 2023. However, here is something that I have been working on and can't find a solution.

Q: Add a new move which moves forward until the piece hits the end of the board or hits another piece

I have tried to add a new method for a new move in the Dastan class and then call it, but this didn't work.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Original post by anonimen_2
Hi there,

I've been working on making enhancements, changes and fixing the Skeleton code 2023. However, here is something that I have been working on and can't find a solution.

Q: Add a new move which moves forward until the piece hits the end of the board or hits another piece

I have tried to add a new method for a new move in the Dastan class and then call it, but this didn't work.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Hello i was just wondering if you could send me the normal code, i have been trying to look for it. As for your question i think you might have to create a class
I need to find the original code too
Does anyone have access to the Zigzag A Level AQA Paper 1 2023 Revision Pack for Dastan from their school? Can you please help me? I can't buy it... can someone please help me?
sam check a thread i started got a link for it as im in the same boat or was
Reply 5
Hello... any ideas on eth answers for the UML and TheoryQuestions for checking pls? :smile:
Unsure if you still need an answer as it's been five months but I mean hey incase you do...

It's quite simple and what you were thinking was correct (well in the sense it would work). For example if you make a blank move called "rook" (for example) you could edit the PlayGame subroutine so that if move selected is "rook" then the finish square reference increases by 10 each time until either it hits an enemy piece of the square isn't valid (using SquareIsValid). From this I just changed the boolean for MoveLegal to be True and carried on.
Original post by anonimen_2
Hi there,

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks in advance
From the zigzag stuff?
Original post by SarkGuv
Hello... any ideas on eth answers for the UML and TheoryQuestions for checking pls? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Harrison1010
Unsure if you still need an answer as it's been five months but I mean hey incase you do...

It's quite simple and what you were thinking was correct (well in the sense it would work). For example if you make a blank move called "rook" (for example) you could edit the PlayGame subroutine so that if move selected is "rook" then the finish square reference increases by 10 each time until either it hits an enemy piece of the square isn't valid (using SquareIsValid). From this I just changed the boolean for MoveLegal to be True and carried on.

Hey, would you be able to show your code for the PlayGame subroutine? thanks
Original post by broccolih

Yes I will find it in a few hours although it may be slightly confusing as my Dastan is already pre edited in the sub as it is up to four players on a 10x10 board but it should still make sense.
(edited 10 months ago)
Does anyone happen to have the c# skeleton code saved? please please thankyou very much!!!!!
Reply 11
Original post by broccolih

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/A-level_Computing/AQA/Paper_1/Skeleton_program/2023

found a website that has answers for this and some other possible questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending