The Student Room Group

What does ‘shower’ mean in Uk/roadman slang?

I’m hearing it quite often especially in grime.
Eg Murder charge ain't a joke and laugh
You think that you shower, when last you jump in a bath?’ from skepta
Sounds like shower in reference to an actual shower here.

However it could be blood.. sounds abit mad tho ngl
Reply 2
Original post by Kooler-Aid129
Sounds like shower in reference to an actual shower here.

However it could be blood.. sounds abit mad tho ngl

‘Couple skengman, then showerman here
Shower man down in my shower man gear, yeah’

that’s a stormzy bar, I think it’s to do with violence but not sure exactly what
Original post by Faisal101
‘Couple skengman, then showerman here
Shower man down in my shower man gear, yeah’

that’s a stormzy bar, I think it’s to do with violence but not sure exactly what

Yep deffo violence it might be some underground speak coming out of the underground into mainstream perhaps?

He says skengman here and shower man there perhaps Skeng and shower are similar.
Skeng means knife right? And knives and guns are legit the main weapons of civilian combat…
So therefire couldn’t we interpret with a reasonable degree of accuracy that ‘shower’ is referencing to the ‘spray of a gun’ where the spray of a shower is being used a metaphor for the bullet spread?

(I’m good at English lit with the quotes and stuff so I love rap and it’s interpretations)
Reply 4
Original post by Kooler-Aid129
Yep deffo violence it might be some underground speak coming out of the underground into mainstream perhaps?

He says skengman here and shower man there perhaps Skeng and shower are similar.
Skeng means knife right? And knives and guns are legit the main weapons of civilian combat…
So therefire couldn’t we interpret with a reasonable degree of accuracy that ‘shower’ is referencing to the ‘spray of a gun’ where the spray of a shower is being used a metaphor for the bullet spread?

(I’m good at English lit with the quotes and stuff so I love rap and it’s interpretations)

Yeah that is what I thought tbh, thanks a lot. Couldnt find anything on google or urban dictionary. I just think skeptas bar that i first quoted is so hard, so i had to do my due dilligence and find the meaing lol. genius was no help either
Probably related to the Jamaican Shower Posse, big criminal gang in the 80s / 90s , lot of the slang from grime comes from Jamaican patois I don't think this any different

Quick Reply

Latest