The Student Room Group

Are my Law university choices reasonable?

Cambridge (A*AA)
UCL (BBB-Contextual)
Warwick (AAB-Law+Sociology)
Bristol (A*AA)
Durham (AAB-Contextual)
My stats:
GCSE:9888877766

A Levels: I'm in Year 12 so i don't have predicted grades yet, but I believe I'm on track for A*AA.
Assuming i have a good PS+LNAT score are these choices reasonable?
To me, it feels as though even your safer options are going to be competitive where students may not get offers even if they meet the requirements.
But I don't know so much about law specifically, so someone else will have better advice.
Original post by Bombatunde
Cambridge (A*AA)
UCL (BBB-Contextual)
Bristol (A*AA)
Durham (AAB-Contextual)
My stats:

A Levels: I'm in Year 12 so i don't have predicted grades yet, but I believe I'm on track for A*AA.

All of these are highly risky. You might get 5 offers or 5 rejections. I think you need 2 less risky choices which would be non LNAT universities.
Reply 3
Cambridge (A*AA)
UCL (BBB-Contextual)
Bristol (A*AA)
Durham (AAB-Contextual)
My stats:

I applied to Cambridge with similar GCSE results to yours and predicted 2x A* and 2x A and got rejected due to GCSE results.
Reply 4
imo apply for those 5, don't settle for any less. if you don't get offers, you know to apply again with one or two less competitive universities as safety. but you'd rather have ambitious choices and end up somewhere you want to than somewhere you wouldn't.
Original post by MAKER12
imo apply for those 5, don't settle for any less. if you don't get offers, you know to apply again with one or two less competitive universities as safety. but you'd rather have ambitious choices and end up somewhere you want to than somewhere you wouldn't.

This works if the op is happy to take a year out and re apply with actual grades, in the event of 5 rejections.
If not, throwing in a perfectly good uni option that is a safer bet would act as a great safety net.
Reply 6
Go to Open Days and think about what it would be like to be at this University.
Just be aware that applying all competitive Universities is very risky - you could end up with no offers at all - and I'd recommend that you include somewhere like Liverpool, Sussex etc instead.
Reply 7
Cambridge (A*AA)
UCL (BBB-Contextual)
Bristol (A*AA)
Durham (AAB-Contextual)
My stats:

Too risky, unless you are willing accept the very real possibility of getting zero offers, and then having to go through clearing or taking a gap year. I would say that you need at least 1 safer option. All your choices are very competitive for law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending