The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Maths, Statistics and Business at LSE?

Hi everyone!
I am interested in applying to the BMS course at LSE.
However, I am taking A level Maths, A level Physics and a BTEC in IT.
I have a very strong Personal Statement, focused heavily on my knowledge in statistics. I also have mentioned how i have used applied mathematical skills for a project i undertook at Oxford, aswell as using statistics in a business setting.
Would this be enough for LSE?
Reply 1
anyone?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Hiim
Hi everyone!
I have a very strong Personal Statement, focused heavily on my knowledge in statistics. I also have mentioned how i have used applied mathematical skills for a project i undertook at Oxford, aswell as using statistics in a business setting.

Study A-Level Further Maths during your gap year and maybe Economics too and then you'll stand a better chance. :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by thegeek888
Study A-Level Further Maths during your gap year and maybe Economics too and then you'll stand a better chance. :wink:

I think I’ll just apply this year, it’s only 1 out of 5 options and I have a pretty strong PS.
Course doesn’t require FM, and LSE accept a BTEC in combination with 2 Facilitating subjects.

If I don’t apply, I’d probably regret it later. Its better off I apply and get rejected, because at least I’d know.
Original post by Hiim
Hi everyone!

Hey man! How are you? Im thinking of applying for the same course next year and i have math physics and econ. How did it go? did u get in? Have they answered yet?
Reply 5
Original post by moisesbentata
Hey man! How are you? Im thinking of applying for the same course next year and i have math physics and econ. How did it go? did u get in? Have they answered yet?

Still waiting mate! But considering you’ve got a good combination of just A levels, you will have a better chance than me man. Makes sure your predicted good grades and get a solid PS. I think offers are starting to come through, but still hopeful.
Original post by Hiim
Still waiting mate! But considering you’ve got a good combination of just A levels, you will have a better chance than me man. Makes sure your predicted good grades and get a solid PS. I think offers are starting to come through, but still hopeful.

Good luck man! What predicteds do you have?
Reply 7
Good luck man! What predicteds do you have?

A*AD in maths physics and BTEC IT.
Thats amazing! Hope you get an offer!!

If you could, could you let me know how it goes? im asking cos id like to have some guidance of what grades i need to get an offer.
:smile:
Reply 9

If you could, could you let me know how it goes? im asking cos id like to have some guidance of what grades i need to get an offer.

As soon as I get a response I’ll post it here. But ideally you need at least 3As predicted, a strong PS and good GCSEs. This isn’t the most competitive course (still hard to get into) so you won’t need a perfect application
Reply 10

unfortunately i got rejected today, due to my Personal statement. I mean i applied to 5 very different courses (Theoretical Physics, Maths and Data Science, Physics with business, Maths and CS, and Maths stats business) so my PS was always going to be cluttered.
if your thinking of applying, make sure you know what you want to do and focus a lot on your PS otherwise youll end up like me 🤣🤣
Sorry to hear. What offers do you have? Which do you prefer?
Reply 12
Original post by ajj2000
Sorry to hear. What offers do you have? Which do you prefer?

Physics with business (Warwick) A*A*D -possibly firm
Physics with theoretical Physics (KCL) AAM -might insure
Computer Science and Mathematics (RHUL) BBD- might insure
Mathematics with Data Science (City) BCM- not choosing

Just a reference the third letter grade is my BTEC grade

D=A
M=C
Original post by Hiim
Physics with business (Warwick) A*A*D -possibly firm
Physics with theoretical Physics (KCL) AAM -might insure
Computer Science and Mathematics (RHUL) BBD- might insure
Mathematics with Data Science (City) BCM- not choosing

Just a reference the third letter grade is my BTEC grade

D=A
M=C

Anyone got an offer for Maths,Statistics and Business?
Original post by Evoulini
Anyone got an offer for Maths,Statistics and Business?

I’m still waiting for it, I don't know if it's a good sign to wait until now. I kind of want to give up already. It really makes me anxious:frown:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Hiim
unfortunately i got rejected today, due to my Personal statement. I mean i applied to 5 very different courses (Theoretical Physics, Maths and Data Science, Physics with business, Maths and CS, and Maths stats business) so my PS was always going to be cluttered.
if your thinking of applying, make sure you know what you want to do and focus a lot on your PS otherwise youll end up like me 🤣🤣

im sorry to hear that man, what are you going to do then? good luck for the rest of your application by the way with those grades u will 100% do well anyways
Reply 16
im sorry to hear that man, what are you going to do then? good luck for the rest of your application by the way with those grades u will 100% do well anyways

Appreciate that my friend. Hopefully I’ll get into Warwick for Physics with business, but my backup will likely be RHUL for CS and Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending