The Student Room Group

UCL global humanitarian studies

Is anyone doing Global humanitarian studies at UCL? Is the course fun ? And is it useful?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Would like to apply but worried my PS won't work as am applying to IR elsewhere....they don't accept separate PS for this course anymore
Original post by iiui
Is anyone doing Global humanitarian studies at UCL? Is the course fun ? And is it useful?
I have applied for this year! Have you applied yet and if you have, have you heard anything from them ?
Original post by iiui
Reply 3
Did you apply to similar courses elsewhere using the same PS? Did it work for you?
Original post by ameliaquinney
I have applied for this year! Have you applied yet and if you have, have you heard anything from them ?
yeah I applied to
-Global health and social science KCL (rejection)
-International development Uni of Leeds
-Global social policy Uni of Manchester (offer)
-Politics and international relations Royal Holloway (offer)

used to same PS for them all as on the course description on the uni websites they basically have the same modules etc. I haven't heard from UCL yet and hoping to soon as I applied so early but im doubtful about that. UCL GHS is my first choice
Original post by tultan
Did you apply to similar courses elsewhere using the same PS? Did it work for you?
Reply 5
yeah I applied to

used to same PS for them all as on the course description on the uni websites they basically have the same modules etc. I haven't heard from UCL yet and hoping to soon as I applied so early but im doubtful about that. UCL GHS is my first choice

Thanks for that. Wishing you the best of luck! I was on the Taster Course for GHS at UCL yesterday and asked about PS. They said they no longer accept 2nd PS. Worried that I shouldn't apply there now as all my other applications (and PS) are for IR...
Original post by tultan
Thanks for that. Wishing you the best of luck! I was on the Taster Course for GHS at UCL yesterday and asked about PS. They said they no longer accept 2nd PS. Worried that I shouldn't apply there now as all my other applications (and PS) are for IR...

Saw your post about going on to the UCL GHS Taster Course, applications were closed when I tried to get on it. What did they say? Anything useful?
I've already applied for it on UCAS!! Are you applying and if so what ALevels did you take and what are you predicted? :smile:
yeah I applied to

If you don't mind me asking what Alevels did you take and what were your predicted?
Reply 8
The taster course was an outline of the course and the modules that are studied. They also spoke about the ration of men/women which was 20/80...!
I am doing Geography, History & Politics (AAB). What about you? Have you heard from them? They did say they wait until all applications in.
Original post by anya1234567890
If you don't mind me asking what Alevels did you take and what were your predicted?
thank you you too!
Original post by tultan
I did politics, religion of philosophy and ethics, and modern history and got ABB in my exams which is the requirements for this course. still not heard from UCL
Original post by anya1234567890
Hi, has anyone got any offers or rejections for GHS?
Reply 12
Hi, has anyone got any offers or rejections for GHS?

not heard anything. I believe they wait until Jan 25?
Original post by tultan
not heard anything. I believe they wait until Jan 25?

People have been getting offers for other courses on the main UCL offers chat but haven’t heard anything ab GHS on there
People have been getting offers for other courses on the main UCL offers chat but haven’t heard anything ab GHS on there

I got an offer in December for the course!
Original post by username07972
I got an offer in December for the course!

Oh wow congrats ! What are your predicteds if u don’t mind me asking
3 A*s and an A* from y12 epq
Congrats on your offer! How long did it take to receive your offer?
Original post by username07972
3 A*s and an A* from y12 epq
Original post by amyy925
Congrats on your offer! How long did it take to receive your offer?

my application got sent off on the 1st of December and I got the offer on the 21st of December!
Any more offers or rejections for GHS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending