The Student Room Group

Atkins Graduate Scheme 2023

I didnt see a thread for the 2023 graduate scheme so I created one. I completed my interview on 2 December and am waiting for the results.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by aero999
I didnt see a thread for the 2023 graduate scheme so I created one. I completed my interview on 2 December and am waiting for the results.

What role did you apply for?
Reply 2
Original post by lem4a
What role did you apply for?

I applied for Data Intelligence Graduate Scheme
I did my interview this week and am awaiting an update on the outcome.
Really got on well with interviewers but the technical question wasn’t something I knew completely (I knew some of it but not all & not confidently) so feeling super disappointed about that & think it’s likely I won’t get taken forward.
Reply 4
I had a similar experience got on well with the interviewers but some of the technical questions were quite complex.
(edited 1 year ago)
Disappointing isn’t it! I knew general information surrounding the topic area but trying to study for a specific question that you have no clue what it will be is tough!
Reply 6
Original post by Jessicadennis
Disappointing isn’t it! I knew general information surrounding the topic area but trying to study for a specific question that you have no clue what it will be is tough!

Yes, but I'm trying to stay optimistic. What role did you apply for?
Yes me too - Atkins is my top choice, so will keep my fingers crossed (both for myself & for you!) It was the environmental graduate scheme I applied for.
I did my interview this week and am awaiting an update on the outcome.
Really got on well with interviewers but the technical question wasn’t something I knew completely (I knew some of it but not all & not confidently) so feeling super disappointed about that & think it’s likely I won’t get taken forward.

Hi! When did you get the interview invitation after the test? I did the immersive assessment over 2 months ago and decided to check just now. Apparently I passed it and am at the business review stage but never got an email about that.
Hi - I think it was about 10/12 days after doing the test i received the invite to interview, and then the interview took place two weeks later. So there was about a month in total between submitting the test and doing the interview. You could maybe email their graduate team just to check on what’s happening? Things may be delayed with it being so close to Christmas now
Hi - I think it was about 10/12 days after doing the test i received the invite to interview, and then the interview took place two weeks later. So there was about a month in total between submitting the test and doing the interview. You could maybe email their graduate team just to check on what’s happening? Things may be delayed with it being so close to Christmas now

I just sent them a follow up email. I also got their subscription email saying the application closes first week of January so hopefully they're just taking their time. I'm surprised they processed your application so quickly, hope you hear from them soon! 🤞🏻
Original post by Flufferbean
I just sent them a follow up email. I also got their subscription email saying the application closes first week of January so hopefully they're just taking their time. I'm surprised they processed your application so quickly, hope you hear from them soon! 🤞🏻

I was as well tbh! My test results were subpar (at least that’s how they seemed when I got the automated feedback but I don’t know what else they base it on). Thank you
Hopefully you hear back soon as well :smile: good luck!
I was as well tbh! My test results were subpar (at least that’s how they seemed when I got the automated feedback but I don’t know what else they base it on). Thank you
Hopefully you hear back soon as well :smile: good luck!

Did you get the automated feedback through email? Does that mean they assess the recorded answer through AI?
You know, i thought they did but I can’t for the life of time find my results email - maybe it’s a difference company I’m thinking of that did it? But I’m sure I got one from Atkins - just can’t remember what email address it came from….
You know, i thought they did but I can’t for the life of time find my results email - maybe it’s a difference company I’m thinking of that did it? But I’m sure I got one from Atkins - just can’t remember what email address it came from….

I found it, it's from [email protected]... I'm guessing they assessed the recorded videos separately then... Never got an update though
Reply 15
I don't remember recording an interview for Atkins. I remember doing the SJT. And it took a month to receive an interview invite.
Original post by aero999
I don't remember recording an interview for Atkins. I remember doing the SJT. And it took a month to receive an interview invite.

Apart from the normal tests(numerical, verbal etc.) I had to record answers for 2 questions and had one written question. Maybe it's different scheme to scheme... Hope you hear from them soon!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 17
Yeah, it could be. Different schemes may have different processing times. Hopefully all goes well
Hi guys - I received a phone call yesterday to verbally offer me the job role which I accepted!

However the women I spoke with said she would email me with the details after our phone call which was yesterday morning and I have not had anything further through. Has anyone else experienced this?

It’s just making me a bit stressed as the start date appears to be February so I will need to hand my notice in ASAP, however I can’t do this until I receive the formal offer information.

Any thoughts or advice?

(I have emailed their graduate team and tried phoning the women back but can’t get through to her and don’t want to be a bother just before Xmas)
Hi guys - I received a phone call yesterday to verbally offer me the job role which I accepted!

However the women I spoke with said she would email me with the details after our phone call which was yesterday morning and I have not had anything further through. Has anyone else experienced this?

It’s just making me a bit stressed as the start date appears to be February so I will need to hand my notice in ASAP, however I can’t do this until I receive the formal offer information.

Any thoughts or advice?

(I have emailed their graduate team and tried phoning the women back but can’t get through to her and don’t want to be a bother just before Xmas)

If you’ve emailed then at this point (at 1pm on the Friday before xmas), id say leave it till the 4th of January then follow up with a call or email explaining why you need the contract asap.

I’d be mindful people say stuff with the best of intention, but pragmatically if she was at a xmas party last night, has some last minute shopping... work admin tends to fall down people’s priority list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending