The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thanks Sam (and Faster Purple) :smile:

I'm going to the Sheffield and Cardiff open days in April and i've already been to Warwick and B'ham so slowly getting a better idea of what they're all like. It's so hard to choose though! There is so much variation in courses. I like the look of Cardiff a lot; as you say, there seems to be lots of choice in what you study which sounds good. On the other hand though, i think that maybe doing a traditional course might be good too as it will make me read things i wouldn't have gone near otherwise which may come in useful as i want to be an English teacher. Decisions, eh? :confused:

NB The thing putting me off applying to Cambridge is that i think i'd prefer to go self-catering - although the knowledge that i probably have more chance of flying out my window than getting in is also a factor! :p:
Reply 21
Mrs Rickman
Thanks Sam (and Faster Purple) :smile:

I'm going to the Sheffield and Cardiff open days in April and i've already been to Warwick and B'ham so slowly getting a better idea of what they're all like. It's so hard to choose though! There is so much variation in courses. I like the look of Cardiff a lot; as you say, there seems to be lots of choice in what you study which sounds good. On the other hand though, i think that maybe doing a traditional course might be good too as it will make me read things i wouldn't have gone near otherwise which may come in useful as i want to be an English teacher. Decisions, eh? :confused:

NB The thing putting me off applying to Cambridge is that i think i'd prefer to go self-catering - although the knowledge that i probably have more chance of flying out my window than getting in is also a factor! :p:

Thought about Oxford at all? :smile:
Not really. Tbh it just doesn't really appeal to me :smile:
Reply 23
Mrs Rickman
Not really. Tbh it just doesn't really appeal to me :smile:

What about it in particular? (Not about to break out the pitchforks or anything, honestly - just interested!)
Well i haven't looked at it in any great detail so it's only a superficial judgement, but it just came across in the prospectus as kind of stuffy, more so than Cambridge. I don't know, i get the impression Oxbidge can get quite claustophobic at times. Feel free to put me right if i've completely got the wrong idea!

Latest

Trending

Trending