The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
http://www.gamegrep.com/news/5847-reasons_why_piracy_hasnt_hit_the_playstation_3/

Pretty much sums it up. Who has a blu-ray writer? Who's going to risk frying a £300 console?
mindy123
Its really annoying because my mate has a chipped xbox 360 and gets his games for a fiver each!

Maybe so, but he can't play on Live.
mindy123
Hey was just wondering if its possible to get a PS3 chipped or if anyone has their ps3 chipped?

Games are so expensive and I cannot afford them anymore. Its really annoying because my mate has a chipped xbox 360 and gets his games for a fiver each!

Fiver each? He is being robbed.

And mikeyd85, it doesn't stop you playing on live.
My first PS was a chipped PS2, I think it was about £100, back in the day.

And how many times have they said things like that before? They have tried it countless times but are always one step behind.
PS3 aint chipped yet.... you just have to shop around for games really

£22 - motorstorm 2, eBAY
£30 - MGS4
£30 - GTA 4
£27 - PES 2009
£10 - Oblivion
free - Assasin Creed, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword and Resitance (ps3 bundle)

all i paid for games, all brand new
Ronaldo VII
And how many times have they said things like that before? They have tried it countless times but are always one step behind.

Honestly, I don't know.

What I can say is that it certainly worked on my cousins! :s-smilie:
Reply 9
I'd be more worried about the 360's hardware record to be honest. The whole "red ring of death" thing. Presumably, chipping or modifying your console voids any warranty you had with the retailer / microsoft so if it breaks... you have no choice but to buy a new one.
^ Your presumtion is correct.

*Touches wood*
You Sit?
I'd be more worried about the 360's hardware record to be honest. The whole "red ring of death" thing. Presumably, chipping or modifying your console voids any warranty you had with the retailer / microsoft so if it breaks... you have no choice but to buy a new one.

Or buy a kit from ebay for £3.99 and fix it yourself in under 30 minutes, like I did, as opposed to sending it away for 2 weeks :smile:
Reply 12
Yeah I see what you mean about risking voiding the warranty but the guy who did my friend's xbox 360 and his ps2 before that always fixed any problems free of charge. So if he learned how to do a ps3 I would be safe in the knowledge that any problems would be sorted by him.
Reply 13
mindy123
Yeah I see what you mean about risking voiding the warranty but the guy who did my friend's xbox 360 and his ps2 before that always fixed any problems free of charge. So if he learned how to do a ps3 I would be safe in the knowledge that any problems would be sorted by him.

Unless he got hit by a bus! Then you'd be down one 360. A tragedy.
Reply 14
There aren't any games to bother pirating on the PS3.

I wouldn't waste your time.
Reply 15
In before the lock.
Reply 16
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
PS3 aint chipped yet.... you just have to shop around for games really

£22 - motorstorm 2, eBAY
£30 - MGS4
£30 - GTA 4
£27 - PES 2009
£10 - Oblivion
free - Assasin Creed, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword and Resitance (ps3 bundle)

all i paid for games, all brand new

Where do you buy your games from?
mindy123
Where do you buy your games from?

£22 - motorstorm 2, eBAY
£30 - MGS4 - Shopto
£30 - GTA 4 - Amazon
£27 - PES 2009 - Asda, in store
£10 - Oblivion - Currys, in store

All bought 7-10 days after release, apart from Oblivion

You just have to shop around really to get good deals, gta 4 and mgs4 are under £20 quid now, I saw LBP for £25 recently as well
No, you cannot get a chipped PS3. If you want to get cheaper games, wait a while before you buy them, or get a job so you can afford them. Relatively simple.
Reply 19
If you can't afford the games, don't buy them. It's really that simple.

Latest