The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol offers

I know quite a few people getting accepted to bristol courses and also some bing put on hold lie myself. Out of curiosity has anyone been accepted for mech eng yet. I know replies from south west of england for unis are sometimes longer then others but ive been sitting with 4/5 offers for a motnh and a bit now so just wondering if anyone has been accepted to bristol for mechanical engineering.
I got my offer on 2nd December for the MEng Mechanical Engineering course
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by charlie.R.12
I know quite a few people getting accepted to bristol courses and also some bing put on hold lie myself. Out of curiosity has anyone been accepted for mech eng yet. I know replies from south west of england for unis are sometimes longer then others but ive been sitting with 4/5 offers for a motnh and a bit now so just wondering if anyone has been accepted to bristol for mechanical engineering.

I applied on the 12th October and got my offer on the 25th October? Just out of curiosity Is it your first choice and where else have you applied?
Original post by Anonymous
I applied on the 12th October and got my offer on the 25th October? Just out of curiosity Is it your first choice and where else have you applied?

idk if its first choice on ucas but personally for me it is. ive applied manchester soutouhampton livrpool and birmingham aswell which have all accepted me.
Reply 4
hello @fawsa. i just saw your message on the bristol a100 thread from a while ago.
"A quick query on fee status- did anyone get a questionnaire (international or home)? And for anyone that has already got offers and DIDN'T get a questionnaire, were you all home? Really confused as to when they're sending those out or if they even need to at all..."
I am also confused and worried about this cause I got a med offer from them and have firmed it and they have considered me a home student. but they have not sent me a fee status questionnaire whilst my other universities did. since I have already firmed it I cannot afford for them to send me that questionnaire and for them to somehow not assess me as home student even though my other universities all accepted me as a home student. have they forgot to send me the questionnaire maybe? anyway what do you think and what is your current situation regarding all this?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by hitty3903
hello @fawsa. i just saw your message on the bristol a100 thread from a while ago.
"A quick query on fee status- did anyone get a questionnaire (international or home)? And for anyone that has already got offers and DIDN'T get a questionnaire, were you all home? Really confused as to when they're sending those out or if they even need to at all..."
I am also confused and worried about this cause I got a med offer from them and have firmed it and they have considered me a home student. but they have not sent me a fee status questionnaire whilst my other universities did. since I have already firmed it I cannot afford for them to send me that questionnaire and for them to somehow not assess me as home student even though my other universities all accepted me as a home student. have they forgot to send me the questionnaire maybe? anyway what do you think and what is your current situation regarding all this?

Hi there, sorry for the delayed reply! I actually got a fee status questionnaire with my offer- which I then filled out and they confirmed me as home in a separate email. If they haven't given you a questionnaire as of yet that must mean there was no confusion and you are most likely home- however you could always call and check tomorrow for peace of mind. Hope that helps!
Reply 6
Original post by fawsa
Hi there, sorry for the delayed reply! I actually got a fee status questionnaire with my offer- which I then filled out and they confirmed me as home in a separate email. If they haven't given you a questionnaire as of yet that must mean there was no confusion and you are most likely home- however you could always call and check tomorrow for peace of mind. Hope that helps!

ah ok thanks for the reply. Ye, I agree Since they gave you the fee status questionnaire when you got the offer it most likely means that they have no confusion about my status if they haven't sent me anything yet. My only question is why did they send you the fee status questionnaire, what are your circumstances that made them send you the fee status questionnaire?
Reply 7
Original post by hitty3903
ah ok thanks for the reply. Ye, I agree Since they gave you the fee status questionnaire when you got the offer it most likely means that they have no confusion about my status if they haven't sent me anything yet. My only question is why did they send you the fee status questionnaire, what are your circumstances that made them send you the fee status questionnaire?

Spent a few years outside the UK:smile:
Original post by charlie.R.12

Hiya,
I am exactly the same! I’ve got 4 offers for mech eng but not heard back yet from Bristol. I’ve been on hold since November ish it’s so frustrating. Friends at my school have now got offers back for other courses there like maths so I’m hoping they respond soon. When did you hear back from them? If you did get an offer did being a bit later affect your accommodation as I’m stressed about being put in Newport 😭
Hi, I am in the same situation. Still waiting. Three offers very quickly, but still waiting for Bristol and Bath. I applied mid-December.

All best to you (even though you are my competition 😂). Keep me posted when you hear. I'll do the same.

PS don't stress, I'm fairly certain Bristol only allocate their accommodation once all offers allocated, so everyone gets same chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending