The Student Room Group

Border force officer January 2023

Here we go again, 140 post around UK
Who applied?

Scroll to see replies

Moved to the Careers section :smile:
Thought about applying then decided against it after the way they ran the oct '21 campaign.....if they'd rather spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on a new campaign rather than appoint people from a pool of qualified candidates (on two occasions) then there's clearly something wrong with that organisation.
Original post by dredd1981
Thought about applying then decided against it after the way they ran the oct '21 campaign.....if they'd rather spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on a new campaign rather than appoint people from a pool of qualified candidates (on two occasions) then there's clearly something wrong with that organisation.

I agree but I’ve still submitted my application for BFO Manchester. Must be mad lol
I'm in... again lol! I applied to one of the others - passed everything but got that email saying there weren't any jobs for my location and was offered Heathrow or Dover/Folkestone. I very nearly accepted it, but decided not to relocate. Lo and behold, they're advertising for the same jobs again 😐 . Well application's in so we'll see what happens this time!
Original post by gaynor_scraggins
I'm in... again lol! I applied to one of the others - passed everything but got that email saying there weren't any jobs for my location and was offered Heathrow or Dover/Folkestone. I very nearly accepted it, but decided not to relocate. Lo and behold, they're advertising for the same jobs again 😐 . Well application's in so we'll see what happens this time!

Yep, I've sent several e-mails of complaint to the border force, mp's and the public spending committee about this.....here the civil service is complaining about a lack of money and the BF would rather spend hundreds of thousands of pounds, if not millions, on a fresh recruitment drive rather than select people from a qualified pool of candidates. The organisation must be run by clowns!
Original post by gaynor_scraggins

Which location did you apply for?
Reply 7
Applied again myself sat on the reserve list from Oct 21 to be told no jobs in belfast also applied in April 22 to be told the same thing no jobs and put out of the running unless i accepted Heathrow or the likes.
Was this for 140 jobs all over the UK or just the Northern region?
Think it's 140 jobs for North. I was just on the info session - someone asked about if there's any vacancies in Northern Ireland, and the moderator replied that there's none at present. Mind you, they also skirted a question about CSE grade 1, by saying that GCSE grade 4-9 is needed, so not sure how much help they were in answering questions 😐
Original post by Biffboy
Applied again myself sat on the reserve list from Oct 21 to be told no jobs in belfast also applied in April 22 to be told the same thing no jobs and put out of the running unless i accepted Heathrow or the likes.
Was this for 140 jobs all over the UK or just the Northern region?

I'm working for UKVI and told my boss about being on the reserve list and BF claiming there were no jobs here but then going ahead and advertising for jobs here while not touching the reserve list....apparently this is par for the course with the BF, turnover is apparently high, mostly because it's badly run. From my experience in applying, I believe that. I foolishly applied again though I'm on a list for Immigration Enforcement until August. I sent in a complaint to BF regarding them claiming there were no jobs here when there obviously were because they advertised for them...haven't heard anything back and probably never will. Clowns, absolute clowns.
I'm working for UKVI and told my boss about being on the reserve list and BF claiming there were no jobs here but then going ahead and advertising for jobs here while not touching the reserve list....apparently this is par for the course with the BF, turnover is apparently high, mostly because it's badly run. From my experience in applying, I believe that. I foolishly applied again though I'm on a list for Immigration Enforcement until August. I sent in a complaint to BF regarding them claiming there were no jobs here when there obviously were because they advertised for them...haven't heard anything back and probably never will. Clowns, absolute clowns.

Keep on at them! It’s not on
Reply 11
Hi, I applied for the Border Force - National Risk Testing Team - Assistant Officer - (includes Business Admin Apprenticeship) role. Just had an email to say that ‘do to unforeseen circumstances we have had to withdraw this job’. How can they advertise a job and then withdraw it. I’m getting very tired of applying and getting no where apart from the reserve list. Has anyone else applied and got that email?
Original post by Nbf23
Hi, I applied for the Border Force - National Risk Testing Team - Assistant Officer - (includes Business Admin Apprenticeship) role. Just had an email to say that ‘do to unforeseen circumstances we have had to withdraw this job’. How can they advertise a job and then withdraw it. I’m getting very tired of applying and getting no where apart from the reserve list. Has anyone else applied and got that email?

Have heard nothing back yet since completing the application which lets face was a cut and paste job from previous applications 🤨
Original post by Biffboy
Have heard nothing back yet since completing the application which lets face was a cut and paste job from previous applications 🤨

That's the Border Farce hallmark....

1- advertise a job, make everyone jump through hoops and then withdraw the job without explanation

2- advertise a job, tell successful applicants that there are no jobs in their area and they'll be on a list for 12 months....then three months later advertise the same jobs in the same areas.

I'd suggest that with BF the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.....though from my experience with BF the left hand is actually a foot and the right hand has no fingers.
That's the Border Farce hallmark....

1- advertise a job, make everyone jump through hoops and then withdraw the job without explanation

2- advertise a job, tell successful applicants that there are no jobs in their area and they'll be on a list for 12 months....then three months later advertise the same jobs in the same areas.

I'd suggest that with BF the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.....though from my experience with BF the left hand is actually a foot and the right hand has no fingers.

Sums them up perfectly 😂😂
Has anyone heard anything yet?
For those who can go to Heathrow there is another campaign closing March. It’s not through civil service website!

I’ve not heard anything yet for Manchester. Only closed on Friday though
Original post by Runner1708
For those who can go to Heathrow there is another campaign closing March. It’s not through civil service website!

I thought it was through the Civil Service website, but didn't take a good look. If it's through the Home Office jobs website - good luck to anyone who applies, as it's a horrible system.
Original post by Runner1708

They are looking at the applications between 09/02/2023 and 13/02/2023.
Original post by Stripe99
They are looking at the applications between 09/02/2023 and 13/02/2023.

How do you know this ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending