The Student Room Group

Maintenance fee loan

Hi i'm alredy apply for tution fee loan on 2023 on December, it was approved without maintenance fee because i was holding pre-settled status.
I'm again apply for maintenance fee and tution fee on Febuary 2024 with settled status home office letter from January.Can be backdated from start course on October 2023?
Original post by Klaudie30
Hi i'm alredy apply for tution fee loan on 2023 on December, it was approved without maintenance fee because i was holding pre-settled status.
I'm again apply for maintenance fee and tution fee on Febuary 2024 with settled status home office letter from January.Can be backdated from start course on October 2023?
Hi there,

The Maintenance Loan will be backdated from when you got Settled Status, can you please tell us when you got this? Was it in January?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Hi,yes it was on January but i start course on October 2023
Hi,yes it was on January but i start course on October 2023
Thanks for confirming.

We would not be able to backdate the Maintenance Loan from October 2023 as you need Settled Status to be eligible for it. You would be eligible for it from the date your status was granted. Thanks, Ross
Reply 4
Hello, I want to ask why it is taking so long to prepare my application. I already sent the form on Monday 1 January 2024, everything seemed to be in order, I waited 4 weeks. After 4 weeks, I uploaded the documents, which I wanted, I had to wait 5 working days. After 5 working days, student finance lost my letter from the home office letter that was sent by post with the pn1 form, I was angry, so with the agreement of student finance, I uploaded the online home office letter, I waited again for 5 working days. After 5 days, they sent me an email that they lost my pn1 form So I sent the pn1 form again on 12.03.2024 and when I called student finance they told me that I had to wait another 4 to 6 weeks, it's not fair, it's not my fault that they lost the pn1 form, when I spoke to the manager from student finance she told me that it will take 5 working days and still nothing is happening. I was waiting for student finance to switch from EU to sudent finance because I already have my status settled.
Hello, I want to ask why it is taking so long to prepare my application. I already sent the form on Monday 1 January 2024, everything seemed to be in order, I waited 4 weeks. After 4 weeks, I uploaded the documents, which I wanted, I had to wait 5 working days. After 5 working days, student finance lost my letter from the home office letter that was sent by post with the pn1 form, I was angry, so with the agreement of student finance, I uploaded the online home office letter, I waited again for 5 working days. After 5 days, they sent me an email that they lost my pn1 form So I sent the pn1 form again on 12.03.2024 and when I called student finance they told me that I had to wait another 4 to 6 weeks, it's not fair, it's not my fault that they lost the pn1 form, when I spoke to the manager from student finance she told me that it will take 5 working days and still nothing is happening. I was waiting for student finance to switch from EU to sudent finance because I already have my status settled.

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay here. Can you please tell us when you spoke to a manager?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 6
Hi, I spoke to her on 05/03/2024, she said that she herself will look at my application, but still nothing is happening, I don't understand why student finance says what is not true, I don't have the nerve to keep solving it and wait, then I haven't received from student finance no answer, I don't know what I have to do to speed it up, please can you help me
Hi, I spoke to her on 05/03/2024, she said that she herself will look at my application, but still nothing is happening, I don't understand why student finance says what is not true, I don't have the nerve to keep solving it and wait, then I haven't received from student finance no answer, I don't know what I have to do to speed it up, please can you help me

Hi there,

You would need to contact us so we can check this for you. You can use the live chat option online in your account or call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending