The Student Room Group

Your favorite hymns

I have my own rankings for favorite hymns, similar to the early format of TVB's JSG. I have my top updated quarterly, and it consists of both Chinese and English hymns, as well as both traditional and modern hymns.

Here were my 3 favorites per quarter:
2022 Q1: #1 Elevation Worship - See A Victory, #2 Stream of Praise - 奔跑不放棄, #3 Pat Barett - Canvas and Clay

2022 Q2: #1 Amazing Grace Worship - 陪我渡過, #2 Traditional - I Need Thee Every Hour, #3 建道神學院 - 立志擺上

2022 Q3: #1 One Circle - 光和鹽, #2 Torch Music - 轉向祢, #3 Torch Music - 永不回頭

2022 Q4: #1 Elevation Worship - Won't Stop Now, #2 Worship Project - 仍能讚美, #3 Traditional - Yet Not I But Through Christ In Me

How about you? Which hymns are your favorites?
Reply 1
And a further question for you: How did the hymns become your favorites? Here are some of mine:
My top of 2022 Q1 are all hymns from YRC 2022.
My Q2 first place was because I felt God leading me the whole way in C++.
My Q3 first place was the second hymn from the first worship I played piano in, and its message kept igniting me.
My Q4 first place was because of this hymn powering me through electronics. The second place was the first hymn from another set I played, and felt its message again on the way back from Tokyo (I got on a flight without meals onboard but had the risk of getting covid lowered, so I was able to lead a worship in a camp which was just three days after arrival). The third place was from the special sermon at my church in late November, and the message touched me. I had a very big urge to lead that hymn in camp and I obviously did it.
Elevation Worship - See A Victory

Currently the hymn - God save the King

Hillsong Worship - Awake my soul

Bob Fitts - Romans 16:19
Reply 3
2023 Q1 top 10
#1 Stream of Praise - 君王就在這裡 (2017) - I listened to this song during a quiz and could finish it calmly with a decent score. Later on I will be playing it in a worship set.
#2 Milk and Honey - 逃召 (2022) - A song from another set, was also touching me after a church message.
#3 Stream of Praise - 在這裡 (2017) - My unofficial scouting anthem.
#4 Immersio - 是你的恩典覆蓋 (2022) - My first full band in 4.5 years, and it's how I started playing much more.
#5 Stream of Praise - 不動搖的信心 (2021) - This touched me after numerous Bible readings.
#6 Stream of Praise - 傾倒 (2015) - I have personally experienced the message of this song many times.
#7 Leeland - Way Maker (2015) - The post message song of the Joint-U Vision Night, which ignited my heart.
#8 One Circle - 不是倚靠勢力 (2016) - same as #6
#9 HKACM - 傳承使命 (2017) - similar to #2, but it's more of a motivation
#10 Stream of Praise - 我渴望看見 (2017) - the first song I led at church, and the message became my prayer.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 8013
I have my own rankings for favorite hymns, similar to the early format of TVB's JSG. I have my top updated quarterly, and it consists of both Chinese and English hymns, as well as both traditional and modern hymns.

Here were my 3 favorites per quarter:
2022 Q1: #1 Elevation Worship - See A Victory, #2 Stream of Praise - 奔跑不放棄, #3 Pat Barett - Canvas and Clay

2022 Q2: #1 Amazing Grace Worship - 陪我渡過, #2 Traditional - I Need Thee Every Hour, #3 建道神學院 - 立志擺上

2022 Q3: #1 One Circle - 光和鹽, #2 Torch Music - 轉向祢, #3 Torch Music - 永不回頭

2022 Q4: #1 Elevation Worship - Won't Stop Now, #2 Worship Project - 仍能讚美, #3 Traditional - Yet Not I But Through Christ In Me

How about you? Which hymns are your favorites?

In no particular order:

Stand in Awe
Elevation Worship - Jireh
I'll Fly Away
Men Who Dream
Wade in the Water
Even Greater Things
Anchor for the Soul
Be with me, Lord
Remember Hymn - His Love Endures Forever#
Encourage My Soul
His Righteousness