The Student Room Group

PWC Accounting and Business Flying Start Programme

Good day,

I applied to the University of Reading for the BA Accounting and Business Flying Start Programme.

I completed the first assessment and made it onto the next stage which is the career conversation (video interview).

Has anyone done this stage yet? Can anyone tell me what it's like and how can I prepare best??

I've never done an interview before, so I don't know how to prepare.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Why Flying start course is a guaranteed question and look into scenarios in a working environment. How you would work around issues and problems you are given while working.
Just some rough topics you can look into I hope it helps
Original post by layreb
Good day,

I applied to the University of Reading for the BA Accounting and Business Flying Start Programme.

I completed the first assessment and made it onto the next stage which is the career conversation (video interview).

Has anyone done this stage yet? Can anyone tell me what it's like and how can I prepare best??

Thanks
Original post by janewayne
Why Flying start course is a guaranteed question and look into scenarios in a working environment. How you would work around issues and problems you are given while working.
Just some rough topics you can look into I hope it helps

Hi, thanks for your response!
have you already been accepted onto the course?
Original post by layreb
Good day,

Thanks

Hey @layreb!

Congratulations on getting an interview - that's great news!

You may find it useful to chat to Neha who is a current student at Reading studying this course, who will be able to give you a better insight into the course and interview tips.

Some general interview tips: just be yourself. I know this is very cliché but the main thing the interviewers are looking for is just to see what kind of person you are and how you would best fit into this kind of course, so being yourself is the absolute best thing you could do! Think about your experiences and how any of these skills you've developed can be transferred to your course - even if the experience was completely unrelated. Showing you have transferrable skills is a great quality! And think about any questions you may have too - this is always a good place to show your enthusiasm for the course and a chance to get all your questions answered.

Hope this helps but let us know if you have any other questions!
Good luck for your interview!!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student & Student Ambassador
Original post by layreb
Hi, thanks for your response!
have you already been accepted onto the course?

nope waiting for a response
Reply 5
nope waiting for a response

What were the interview questions?
Original post by layreb
Good day,

Thanks

Hi,
Congratulations on passing the first assessment! After how many days did you get a response or get the link for the career conversation?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Richard_8
Hi,
Congratulations on passing the first assessment! After how many days did you get a response or get the link for the career conversation?

Hi,

I did it on a Thursday night, got a response the following Monday morning
Original post by layreb
Hi,

I did it on a Thursday night, got a response the following Monday morning

Thank you for your response. Congratulations on getting this far! If you do not mind me asking, how much time did you get to reflect on the interview questions for the career conversation if you have already done the interview?
Reply 9
Thank you for your response. Congratulations on getting this far! If you do not mind me asking, how much time did you get to reflect on the interview questions for the career conversation if you have already done the interview?

Hi, I have completed the interview. You get about a few minutes to read the question and prepare your answer and a similar amount of time to deliver your response

Hey, no problem, and thank you! I haven't completed the interview yet... contemplating to do it htis week Sunday.
Has any done the Group Assessment/ Career Focused Day if so any help on what I could do to prepare
Has any done the Group Assessment/ Career Focused Day if so any help on what I could do to prepare

everything the pwc prep day said was true. thats all i can say.
Original post by ashpritgcse2020
everything the pwc prep day said was true. thats all i can say.

Like what?
Original post by layreb
Like what?

if you havent attended the prep day i recommend you do.

Very insightful thank you .
lad come through and bless us
lad come through and bless us

fineeee. i did bad on the day anyway so ill give u what they said in the prep day only.

Use preparation time wisely by picking out key points and data
help your team by structuring your meeting and keeping an eye on the time
speak clearly and concisely
smile and look at the camera and focus on others speaking
bring your key findings from your prep into discussion
ask questions to bring in quieter team members
be yourself, let your personality shine
speak up - if you dont say anything we cannot assess you but let and help others speak too.

Now, this content is all from the prep day so if you try and report me ur sad.

1 bonus tip from me - dont overprepare. It was my mistake imo

good luck guys i hope you get in :smile:
Had mine today, think it went rlly well, whatever was said in the prep meeting did help a lot. Would still recommend researching PwC's workplace culture, mission statement, etc and showcasing this in the assessment instead of memorising it. Just to display you have the qualities for a PwC professional. Good luck to everyone who got theirs coming up!
fineeee. i did bad on the day anyway so ill give u what they said in the prep day only.

Use preparation time wisely by picking out key points and data
help your team by structuring your meeting and keeping an eye on the time
speak clearly and concisely
smile and look at the camera and focus on others speaking
bring your key findings from your prep into discussion
ask questions to bring in quieter team members
be yourself, let your personality shine
speak up - if you dont say anything we cannot assess you but let and help others speak too.

Now, this content is all from the prep day so if you try and report me ur sad.

1 bonus tip from me - dont overprepare. It was my mistake imo

good luck guys i hope you get in :smile:
Original post by officialabz
Had mine today, think it went rlly well, whatever was said in the prep meeting did help a lot. Would still recommend researching PwC's workplace culture, mission statement, etc and showcasing this in the assessment instead of memorising it. Just to display you have the qualities for a PwC professional. Good luck to everyone who got theirs coming up!

Love the confidence, well done. I also had mine today, what time was yours?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending