The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2740
amelia.x
got rejected by notts with standard email as others before! such a rude way for rejection - was expecting a letter. the email was also not very informative on feedback, but oh well! leeds 09!

I know that a rejection will hurt but an email isnt that bad, for my newcastle rejection last year i didnt even get an email, just an "unsuccessful" on track and that was the last i heard from them
Reply 2741
Rejected from Liverpool. Sorta gutted really.

Oh well, gap year here I come.

EDIT: Tell a lie, got a letter sent yesterday saying that I'm on the 'Reserve List'. Don't suppose anybody knows how many places Liverpool have got this year/ How many people go on the reserve list ?
Reply 2742
Thats it, all done. Rejected by Leicester, but I don't mind to much. It would only have been my insurance anyway.
Reply 2743
To;
~C~

i got rejected from liverpool yesterday as well, and im on the reserve list as well. I called them and they said "not all rejected students get on the reserve list- only the top rejected ones"

All i can say is, a reserve list is better than no list!

On my letter it says 337, whats your number? no idea what it could mean.

Looks like it may be a gap year for me as well or possibly life sciences at liverpool and then post grad medicine. Need to see
Reply 2744
RUGGA
To;
~C~

i got rejected from liverpool yesterday as well, and im on the reserve list as well. I called them and they said "not all rejected students get on the reserve list- only the top rejected ones"

All i can say is, a reserve list is better than no list!

On my letter it says 337, whats your number? no idea what it could mean.

Looks like it may be a gap year for me as well or possibly life sciences at liverpool and then post grad medicine. Need to see

Cheers RUGGA.

My number was 337 as well, thought it might have something to do with the number of offers/places/rankings etc. but we got the same so guess that theory's out of the window.

At least, it's a relief to know there won't be something stupid like one hundred people on the reserve list. As horrible as it sounds we just need a several people to fail miserably in their exams and we're set. :unsure:
~C~
Cheers RUGGA.

My number was 337 as well, thought it might have something to do with the number of offers/places/rankings etc. but we got the same so guess that theory's out of the window.

At least, it's a relief to know there won't be something stupid like one hundred people on the reserve list. As horrible as it sounds we just need a several people to fail miserably in their exams and we're set. :unsure:

Like me!!
Am pooing myself right now.. :frown:
Aberdeen rejection through track today.
Kelly^2

:frown:
Reply 2748
Kelly^2

:console: so sorry to hear that :hugs:
Hygeia
:console: so sorry to hear that :hugs:

Thanks Kate :o:
Kelly^2
I feel gutted for you. Just try and put your mind into nailing the rest of your exams for now.
!MEna
I feel gutted for you. Just try and put your mind into nailing the rest of your exams for now.

I'm half way between devastated and relieved. I feel better having been put out of my misery and feel like a massive weight has been lifted, thanks Mena. :smile:
Reply 2752
Hey guys,

I just want to say, I'm really sorry to hear about not getting offers.
Although I've not been through this process yet(but this year though!), I can imagine how hurtful it may be for you all (esp for those fo you with 4 "R"s, sorry to hear. >_<). =(

There is this rumour saying that about 60% of medicine applicants don't receive any offers is true or not but this year sure has been really competitive. I think it's a real achievement to have the courage to go through such a stiff competition!

But keep hopes up, I'm sure you all will end up as wonderful doctors sooner or later! ^__^ :hugs:
Kelly^2

Unlucky. Did you ask for feedback?
habski
Unlucky. Did you ask for feedback?

I will be requesting feedback :smile:
Kelly^2
I will be requesting feedback :smile:

It would be good to know where you've gone wrong if you are applying next year.

Dont worry about it. I know quite a few people who deserved a place this year but didn't get it. It just emphasises the magnitude of the competition.
I got my UEA feedback today,

In the 5 crtieria they were looking for; capacity for self directed learning, work effectively in groupd and teams, capacity to take repsonsibility, motivation and personal effectiveness, I got average. For every one of them.

I dont think UEA liked me :p:
Reply 2757
Degausser
I got my UEA feedback today,

In the 5 crtieria they were looking for; capacity for self directed learning, work effectively in groupd and teams, capacity to take repsonsibility, motivation and personal effectiveness, I got average. For every one of them.

I dont think UEA liked me :p:

did you ask for the feedback? or do they just send it automatically? via e-mail?
bean87
did you ask for the feedback? or do they just send it automatically? via e-mail?

They sent it automatically through the post, without me asking. :smile:
Reply 2759
Degausser
They sent it automatically through the post, without me asking. :smile:

cool :smile: i look forward to seeing how i messed up

Latest

Trending

Trending