The Student Room Group

Eo1 nics

Anyone know what number they are interviewing on EO1 external competition?

Scroll to see replies

I think someone said 1500 might b wrong though
Phase 5 interview invites came out earlier this week. I know somebody in the low 1600s that got an invite and somebody in 1720s that didnt get an invite. Not sure if there will be any more phases after this one given the budget outlook.
Reply 3
Anyone heard anymore about this competition? I had an interview last week and just wondering if they are still interviewing.
Reply 4
I had an interview on 27th Feb for eo1. Unsure when we will hear anything
Original post by ALR90
I had an interview on 27th Feb for eo1. Unsure when we will hear anything

I had an interview for EO2 and took around 11 weeks to get the results.
Reply 6
Does anyone ever enquire about their placement when offered, as in do you ask to visit the workplace etc? Just wondering as people are being placed (at all grades) are they expecting to be working hybrid as not all offices offer that eg NICtS
Reply 7
Original post by mcars01
Does anyone ever enquire about their placement when offered, as in do you ask to visit the workplace etc? Just wondering as people are being placed (at all grades) are they expecting to be working hybrid as not all offices offer that eg

You could possibly ask HR Connect if the position is hybrid or not. Most places I would say will ask you to be in the office initially for training but then move to hybrid afterwards. Do you know where you have been placed? Is it the EO1 post?
Reply 8
No not placed yet, though I know of people who have been placed in Courts Service not realising its courts and not hybrid working
Reply 9
Original post by mcars01
No not placed yet, though I know of people who have been placed in Courts Service not realising its courts and not hybrid working

Did you do your interview recently? I did mine 5 weeks ago but not sure when I’ll hear back.
I rang HR Connect on Friday and got the impression that they knew my result etc but couldn't tell me as everyone in Phase 5 has to be told at the one time so probably gathering last min results etc. I'm a substantive EO2 and don't have a lot of faith in HRC at the best of times.
I rang hrconnect 3 weeks ago and was told nothing official but they expected results to be issued in next couple of weeks so I was hoping to hear something last week.
Rang back again today and got through to a different guy who said they had no timescale for when results would be out.
Reply 12
I rang a few weeks ago and was told something similar. That it would be in the next few weeks. Who knows at this point lol. It would just be nice to know either way. A few years ago results from boards seemed to always be released on a Friday but don’t think that’s a thing anymore.
I was under the impression they still came out on a Friday...I'm hopeful it could be this Friday to get them out of the way before Easter. HRC will have the letters on file ready to go but need the go ahead from Recruitment. Might have been a few last min rescheduling of interviews. Think then Recruitment works with Resourcing to work out how many vacancies need placed immediately etc.
Reply 14
Oh fingers crossed then it could be this week. HRC had contacted my current dept over a week ago asking for confirmation of vacancies so hopefully not too long then. Thanks!!
Original post by Fonzie75
I was under the impression they still came out on a Friday...I'm hopeful it could be this Friday to get them out of the way before Easter. HRC will have the letters on file ready to go but need the go ahead from Recruitment. Might have been a few last min rescheduling of interviews. Think then Recruitment works with Resourcing to work out how many vacancies need placed immediately etc.

Got my eo2 result randomly on a Wednesday, took around 12 weeks 🫣
Well that blows up our Fri theory 🙈
Original post by mcars01
Does anyone ever enquire about their placement when offered, as in do you ask to visit the workplace etc? Just wondering as people are being placed (at all grades) are they expecting to be working hybrid as not all offices offer that eg NICtS

My wife came from the private sector. And when she got her offer letter it was for NICTS. I told her she can ring the name of the person on the letter to get more information. They didn't have an issue with her calling and told her that Hybrid wasn't going to happen in that area she was offered. She still took the post and wasn't disappointed when she did join.

My advice would be try and contact the person on the letter even via email if you can.
Won’t be any results coming out this Friday or next Friday, according to HR Connect
We'd get a more accurate and quicker update doing a FOI at this rate 🙈

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending