The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL anthropology

Hey, has anybody else here applied to study anthropology at UCL this September and not heard back yet? It’s been just over 3 months since I’ve applied and I got all my other offers within a couple of weeks, so i’m a little concerned.
Hiya!

Don't worry about when you're hearing back because most London Unis take a really long time to reply to applicants with their decisions. I applied to UCL Anthropology last year in January and got my offer sometime in May. Of course, it doesn't help with the stress but don't give it too much thought, you'll hear back from them soon enough. All the best and hope this helped! I'm rooting for you :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by dyinglawstudent
Hiya!

Don't worry about when you're hearing back because most London Unis take a really long time to reply to applicants with their decisions. I applied to UCL Anthropology last year in January and got my offer sometime in May. Of course, it doesn't help with the stress but don't give it too much thought, you'll hear back from them soon enough. All the best and hope this helped! I'm rooting for you :smile:

Ahhh thankyou so much! This is super reassuring <3 will update when i hear back! :smile:
Hey, yeah me too I'm still waiting... I heard back from SOAS and Sussex and I'm still waiting on UCL and LSE.
Original post by Sarah2003152019
Hey, has anybody else here applied to study anthropology at UCL this September and not heard back yet? It’s been just over 3 months since I’ve applied and I got all my other offers within a couple of weeks, so i’m a little concerned.
Original post by asafesoul
Hey, yeah me too I'm still waiting... I heard back from SOAS and Sussex and I'm still waiting on UCL and LSE.

Ahh, good to know its not just me, but it’s still kinda irritating right? I understand they have a lot of applications to get through but I know people who have heard back from ucl for other subjects months ago! I just wanna hear back so I can make my decision yk!
Totally! It feels like being held in limbo… I’m tired of checking my emails every day to no avail 🫣
Hey I submitted in September to SOAS, UCL and LSE as well.. heard back from SOAS but still waiting on the others
Original post by emxilyyp
Hey I submitted in September to SOAS, UCL and LSE as well.. heard back from SOAS but still waiting on the others

Oh that’s reassuring. Did you get the email the other day from UCL saying they’ve had a lot of applications but are still reviewing them? I did but haven’t heard a peep from LSE yet…
Reply 8
Oh that’s reassuring. Did you get the email the other day from UCL saying they’ve had a lot of applications but are still reviewing them? I did but haven’t heard a peep from LSE yet…

yeah, although watching people from other courses getting a ton of offers in the past week is making me super anxious! Has anyone here heard back from them recently?

Good luck to everyone!! hope the wait doesn't go on much longer
Original post by ro_355
yeah, although watching people from other courses getting a ton of offers in the past week is making me super anxious! Has anyone here heard back from them recently?

Good luck to everyone!! hope the wait doesn't go on much longer

So I actually heard back last week and got an offer ! Then a couple of days ago I got an offer for the programme with a year abroad (I’d applied twice just incase) !
I hope you’ve heard back already and it’s good news, or if not that you’ll hear back v soon ! Try not to worry as there’s nothing we can do at this point anyway. Have you heard back from your other choices yet?
I still haven’t heard back from LSE…
Reply 10
So I actually heard back last week and got an offer ! Then a couple of days ago I got an offer for the programme with a year abroad (I’d applied twice just incase) !
I hope you’ve heard back already and it’s good news, or if not that you’ll hear back v soon ! Try not to worry as there’s nothing we can do at this point anyway. Have you heard back from your other choices yet?
I still haven’t heard back from LSE…

ahh that's great, congratulations!! Are you making ucl your firm choice? Also, when did you apply? I'm wondering if they're going in chronological order based on the date of the application?

I applied a bit later than many people and I still haven't heard back from them so maybe that could be a reason? I have heard back from all my other choices and I wouldn't mind committing to Durham which is my second choice if it does come down to it.

Good luck with LSE though! Hope you hear from them soon and its good news.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending