The Student Room Group

dwp new job transfer

Hi, i applied for an admin officer and executive officer role. I passed both interviews, however put on reseve list for executive officer.
I have accepted the formal offer for the admin officer role and am due to start in 10 days. Yesterday i recieved an email from the executive officer role asking to accept a provisional offer and complete employment checks. I want the executive officer role, but im due to start the admin role. Any advice. Thanks.
Original post by obeyed
Hi, i applied for an admin officer and executive officer role. I passed both interviews, however put on reseve list for executive officer.
I have accepted the formal offer for the admin officer role and am due to start in 10 days. Yesterday i recieved an email from the executive officer role asking to accept a provisional offer and complete employment checks. I want the executive officer role, but im due to start the admin role. Any advice. Thanks.

If you have accepted the admin offer you are now considered as civil servant so you should not be allowed to accept the EO job as would be considered as a lateral move. However as the process was started before you accepted the Admin role, this should not apply to you. I would talk to HR as they only can give you the correct answer. I am sure you can jump off the admin role if a formal offer will be made for the EO grade as you will be on 6 months probation period.

Talk to HR as they don't care what you do or decide but they are the only ones you can trust in giving you the right infos
Please disregard the last post. It is utter nonsense. Of course you can accept the Executive post. It is the better post, don’t listen to the previous poster. Just contact the HR people and explain the situation. Admin officer to EO is also not a lateral move, it’s a promotion, so the poster above is talking sh@t
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Mamaklaudja
If you have accepted the admin offer you are now considered as civil servant so you should not be allowed to accept the EO job as would be considered as a lateral move. However as the process was started before you accepted the Admin role, this should not apply to you. I would talk to HR as they only can give you the correct answer. I am sure you can jump off the admin role if a formal offer will be made for the EO grade as you will be on 6 months probation period.

Talk to HR as they don't care what you do or decide but they are the only ones you can trust in giving you the right infos

Its a promotion so it shouldn’t be a problem.
Reply 4
Original post by CollyWobbles45
Please disregard the last post. It is utter nonsense. Of course you can accept the Executive post. It is the better post, don’t listen to the previous poster. Just contact the HR people and explain the situation. Admin officer to EO is also not a lateral move, it’s a promotion, so the poster above is talking sh@t

Surely a bit late now?

Original post by Aysha98x
Its a promotion so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Will the job offer still be be open after a month?
Reply 5
Original post by Quady
Surely a bit late now?

Will the job offer still be be open after a month?

If its still available on your CS Jobs then yes. Otherwise contact the recruitment email from the job advert and explain the situation. And for future reference please don’t always go off what people advise you here. If you’re unsure it’s best to contact recruitment.
Reply 6
Hi, thanks everyone.
I completed 6 weeks at the AO role this week and will be starting the EO role next week. The recruitment spoke to my manager to discuss the start date etc.
Reply 7
Original post by obeyed
Hi, thanks everyone.
I completed 6 weeks at the AO role this week and will be starting the EO role next week. The recruitment spoke to my manager to discuss the start date etc.

All the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending