The Student Room Group

Defence Engineering grad scheme

I've just been chatting to a rep from AWE (the Atomic Weapons Establishment) - ok, nuclear weapons is not everyone's cup of tea, but its cutting-edge sci/eng and guarantees jobs for decades whether the UK creates a new weapon or just decommissions Trident. The spread and depth of engineering and physics stuff sounds amazing. They have a grad scheme called Evolve. Anyone applied ? I'm considering it. The rep told me they've expanded the scheme this year (due to major growth in their programmes) and there' still good availability of places for a Sept. start this year. I thought I'd pass that info on for anyone whose interested in the defence sector :-)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by JohnnyJoeyDeeDee
I've just been chatting to a rep from AWE (the Atomic Weapons Establishment) - ok, nuclear weapons is not everyone's cup of tea, but its cutting-edge sci/eng and guarantees jobs for decades whether the UK creates a new weapon or just decommissions Trident. The spread and depth of engineering and physics stuff sounds amazing. They have a grad scheme called Evolve. Anyone applied ? I'm considering it. The rep told me they've expanded the scheme this year (due to major growth in their programmes) and there' still good availability of places for a Sept. start this year. I thought I'd pass that info on for anyone whose interested in the defence sector :-)

Very late reply but did you end up applying, I've recently been offered a role in the Evolve scheme and was wanting to hear what its like from the inside. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest